Over 17 million happy tourists visit Barcelona every year, and our Moscow guide Dasha was one of them recently. Barcelona is one of the most fascinating urban experiences in the world, and here are 6 things to do in Barcelona that prove it.
List of things to do in Barcelona
- All the must-see museums like Casa Batllo, Casa Mila, La Sagrada Familia and Park Guell are quite spacious inside, free to visit and the lines are short.
- Art-lovers should visit The National museum of art of Catalonia – one of the greatest collections of design works you`ll ever seen! The view from the mountain this museum is located on is amazing. Mind that it`s possible to visit it for free on Saturdays from 3 pm and on some particular days – check it out on the website. Besides this one, there are several modern art galleries, the Picasso museum and the Miro museum.
- Go to a local concert. I went to the Sala Apolo club, enjoyed rock music by a local musician and met cool young people. What surprised me is that the concert finished at 11 pm and the club was closed. In Moscow people usually party until the morning. Anyway, it was nice experience and nice atmosphere.
- If you prefer classic music style, it`s a must-do for you to attend The Palace of Catalan Music. The exterior and the interior of the building are unbelievable, especially The Concert Hall. You can come there within a tour or if you are going to a concert (I recommend the second variant). Buying the ticket pay the attention to the hall it`s going to be performed in – remember the historical one (The Concert Gall) is the most beautiful one!
- If you are a curious person and if you have time – visit Santa Coloma de Gramanet. Officially it is another city, but you can easily reach it by metro (about 30 mins from the city center). This is the place where I met locals and learnt traditional Spanish things. You can have the dinner there three times cheaper than in Barcelona, and see a real local life, especially it`s good for those who learn Spanish – no one speaks English in Santa Coloma.
- Gastronomic part is the most pleasant part of any trip, isn`t it? Well, Barcelona seems to me «the tastiest city». Don`t miss Mercat de La Boqueria in the La Rambla – believe me, you will find there just about everything. There are snack bars right in the market – nice place to have a snack after exploring the area. Also, if you love seafood – the restaurant La Paradeta is your paradise – any kind of the seafood for a very reasonable price. Enjoy!
Most Popular Posts
- Fun Facts: 50 facts about Moscow
We enjoy impressing our tourists and always dig deep to find some original, fun, intriguing ...
- 20 fun facts about Edinburgh
Our Moscow tour guide Dasha traveled to the UK on New Year holidays, and here ...
- 50 Facts about Paris
Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame de Paris, Louvre, the smell of coffee and freshly baked croissants ...