St Petersburg Walking Tour
Classic landmarks of St Petersburg
On this walking Saint Petersburg tour you’ll see all the main highlights: Nevsky Prospect, St Isaac’s Cathedral, the Hermitage, Kazan Cathedral, Eliseev Emporium, Palace Square and more!
3 wonderful hours of exploring classic St Petersburg landmarks with your Friendly Local Guide.
Ideal at night.
- Explore St Petersburg’s most scenic places and essential tourist attractions;
- Walk around the most beautiful and historical part of the city with beautiful streets, architecture, bridges and cathedrals;
- See St. Isaac’s Cathedral and Hermitage, world-known masterpieces of St Petersburg;
- Take your time inside the lavishly decorated and devilishly gorgeous Kazan Cathedral;
- Take a stroll along Nevsky Prospect, the main and the most vibrant street of St Petersburg;
- Get a state of the art chocolate souvenir in Eliseev Emporium;
- For dessert: killer waterfront views from the Palace embankment.
- Hotel pickup (any time you wish).
- Nevsky Prospect – the most vibrant, the oldest, one of the widest and one of the longest streets of Saint Petersburg.
- Eliseev Emporium – 7 departments with over 3000 exquisite delicacies are all harmoniously combined with luxury interior and Art Nouveau architecture. This place is a must for gourmands, art connoisseurs and simply if you want to have a royal snack on the go.
- Kazan Cathedral. We won’t argue if you call this elegant and monumental cathedral with 136 columns the most iconic sight. The stunning waterfront views around cathedral and a myriad of coffee shops will make you want stay here for the rest of the day. Meanwhile, we are moving on…
- Gostiny Dvor – the oldest and largest shopping mall of Saint Petersburg, which we call Northern GUM (GUM is a huge shopping center on Red Square in Moscow).
- St Isaac’s Cathedral is the second tallest Orthodox cathedral in the world. 40 years, more than 100kg of gold leaf and 400 000 workers make miracles happen, you know. We’ll take a close look at this miracle on our tour. You may want to climb up the 262 steps to the observation deck to get panoramic views of the city.
- Palace Square, Waterfront and Bridge. Palace Square is twice as big as Red Square. Like Red Square in Moscow, this is the heart of St Petersburg. Palace Square is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is in Top 10 of any St Peterburg Travel Guide.
- State Hermitage Museum –350 halls in 5 buildings and tremendous crowd inside can easily eat out the whole day.
- Winter Palace is part of the Hermitage Museum and is no less impressive – there 1786 doors in Winter Palace alone!
- However, we realize that it’s in your must-do list and therefore we decided it’d be logical to finish our tour here and let you enjoy the world-class collection of artwork with your own eyes.
The State Hermitage Museum is open:
Daily from 10:30am to 6pm. Last admission is at 5:30pm.
On Wednesdays from 10.30am till 9pm. Last admission is at 8:30pm.
Closed on Mondays.
If you plan to explore Hermitage after our tour, we recommend to start no later than 4.00 pm on Wednesdays, and 1.00 pm on any other day except Mondays.
|Extra costs (per person):||
Possible entrance fees (if you want to drop in somewhere)
|Your tour:||Fun facts, iconic places, local experience, traditional food, friendly guide|
|Your guide:||Bright and energetic local, young, enthusiastic, and fun! Your guide is your local friend.|
|Pick up & Drop off:||Lobby of your hotel or any place you wish|
|Start time:||9am - 12pm|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your St Petersburg tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + Meet a local and make a new friend in Saint Petersburg.
- + Exciting fun communication with a local, not just boring history lessons.
- + Ask your guide questions about any subject, get genuinely connected with your guide.
- + Private Saint Petersburg tour, customized itinerary, personalized experience.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit your individual preferences.
- + Your personal tour guide focuses solely on you and makes sure you get the most out of your experience.
- + Your personal travel consultant is at your service any time via email, facebook, skype or whatsapp. You will not feel alone with Friendly Local Guides.
- + Must do + off the beaten path of the city.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Local cosy cafes and restaurants with traditional cuisine and interior.
- + Lunch specials on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + Best coffee shops in the city.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Saint Petersburg scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Special offers for taxi and hotels with good location and price.
- + Expert local advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in St Petersburg.
*This tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- We had really little time in St Petersburg and thought we should give it a try and see as much as we can. We didn’t expect we would see a lot actually. Within 3 hours our guide Masha showed us Nevsky Prospect, Eliseev Emporium, Kazan and St Isaacs Cathedrals, Hermitage, and some beautiful bridges, canals and squares. Formidable!
Thank you Masha and Alina for organizing this experience.
Waldemar Maas, Berlin, Germany, Mar 02, 2017
- We learnt so many new things about the city having Maria as our guide. She took us to many interesting places and provided us some information about the best cafes and restaurants in the city. We would definitely recommend her to anyone who is in St Petersburg and wants to have a great time here.
Jack Wilson, London, Mar 25, 2016
- The weather was a bit cloudy when we arrived and we were afraid that it’s going to rain, but it didn’t. The whole trip far exceeded our expectations. Sasha, our guide, was very cheerful all the time and we also caught her high spirits. She has a bright personality and a great deal of knowledge about the place she lives in. We recommend St Petersburg walking tour to all the people who want to enjoy this city to the fullest.
Harry Evans, Wales, Mar 03, 2016
- Dear Maria, thank you for being an awesome guide. We were glad to take this St Petersburg walking tour with you and learn more about the city. Next time we come back, we really wish to have you as our guide again. Thank you.
Daniel Perez, USA, Feb 27, 2016
- We did a lot of walking during the tour, but it didn’t feel tiresome. Everyone was in a good mood, even despite of a bit grey weather. Valery was an excellent guide and we couldn’t have been happier to have her. She showed us the city from its brightest side and we will always keep warm memories of this trip in our heart.
Lea Lefebvre, Switzerland, Jan 15, 2016
- Our guide knows her city through and through and was excited and happy to be flexible on the tour and "Play it by Ear" so we were able to see all the must-see attractions we wanted, combined with some local off the beaten path gems and cozy nooks. Once again, thank you!
Doris Leiz, Dresden, Jan 12, 2016
- Valery is an excellent guide. At the beginning of our tour, she gave me a mini-history lesson about St Petersburg and explained to me what we are going to see and where to go. She effectively planned our tour, explained how to get to various places and advised what to do in St Petersburg on my own. She also arranged for a taxi to the airport at half the cost of what the hotel offered. Highly recommended!
Raheem, Baku, Azerbaijan, Oct 10, 2015
- Great tour, great guide!!!
My St Petersburg private guide was a dream. Not only she showed me a lot of must sees of St Petersburg in 3 hours, but she also helped me to book ballet tickets, ordered taxi for me to pick me up after the performance, and texted me after the ballet to check if I got back to the hotel safe. Truly amazing!
Tatiana, Germantown, Мэриленд, Oct 03, 2015