St Petersburg City Tour
High-paced walking tour
Great overview and orientation of the city on our 5-hour tour of Saint Petersburg: all highlights of the city on saturated high-paced walking tour.
5 hours with your Informative, friendly and professional guide, who will become your local friend in St Petersburg.
- See top Saint Petersburg landmarks including Nevsky Prospect, St Isaac’s Cathedral, the Hermitage, Kazan Cathedral, Church on Spilled Blood and more!
- Stroll along Nevsky Prospect, fascinating bridges, embankments and all downtown of St Petersburg;
- See 2 parks, 3 legendary cathedrals, 4 embankments and a dozen other local gems;
- Learn about the history of Russia;
- Hear the stories behind top attractions;
- Get an insight into a local life;
- Get the feel of real St Petersburg in local parks and non-touristy areas;
- Capture the panoramic views from embankments and observation deck of St Isaac’s Cathedral;
- Customize your itinerary and enjoy hassle-free private tour with a Friendly Local Guide.
Hotel pickup (any time you wish).
We’ll take a walk along one of the best-known streets of Russia and symbol of Saint Petersburg. Nevsky Prospect is lined with most architectural masterpieces and tourist attractions. You’ll see Kazan Cathedral, Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood, Eliseev Emporium, Arts Square and the Russian Museum, Beloselsky Beloozersky Palace, Anichkov Palace, the Russian National Library, monument to Catherine the Great, beautiful bridges and striking equestrian statues.
Coffee experience (optional)
For coffee lovers we picked up the top spot to grab a cup.
Perk yourself up with caffeine and a pastry in Coffee Gamma, a local coffee shop right on Griboedova Channel waterfront with views of Kazan Cathedral.
This chilled-out coffee bar serves coffee and chocolate drinks, as well as homemade chocolate desserts. You may want to enhance your authentic experience and smoke shisha with oriental fruit flavors.
Church on Spilled Blood
Quintessentially Russian and completely stunning church both inside and out, with lots of stories to tell! Every inch of the walls is covered with the most intricate and fabulously beautiful mosaics with total of 7000 sq m of mosaics. The cathedral is 81 meters high, and you’ll find out why.
The details will leave you in awe!
Michael Garden & Summer Garden
Let’s bring a bit of the Country into Town and walk along the alleys which used to be the royal estate.
The gardens are the oasis of nature in Saint Petersburg and combine amazing French and English-style park designs with Russian flora and fauna. Colorful landscape will let your mind and soul rest and enjoy the real-life of the Northern capital.
Neva Embankments and City Channels
Did you dream about a lifetime stroll along scenic embankments and channels with iconic views? You will enjoy the breezes coming off the river, get the feel of St Petersburg, follow in the footsteps of Russian nobility and enjoy the panoramic views.
We’ll stroll along Palace Embankment, Admiralty Embankment, Griboedova Channel, Moika Embankment and Lebyazhya Kanavka Embankment.
Take in the beauty of the architecture of famous landmarks along the river’s skyline: the Hermitage, Peter and Paul Fortress, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Catholic Church of St. Catherine, Michael Palace, Marble Palace, Winter Palace, Saint-Petersburg State University of Culture and Arts, Iron Horseman as well as lovely vistas, bridges and columns carved with figures and more!
Explore the main square of Saint Petersburg saturated with the city’s highlights: picturesque Baroque Winter Palace, the buildings of Imperial Army General Staff and Royal Guards’ General Staff, Triumphal Arch, Admiralty, the Admiralty Garden and the monumental Alexander column, a focal point of this marvelous architectural ensemble.
St Isaac’s cathedral
#1 of 1,230 things to do in St. Petersburg with 4000 reviews, according to TripAdvisor as per August 2015.
This is an absolute must-do, period. Your knowledgeable guide will give you more facts on the tour.
Don’t miss the best views of St Petersburg from the top!
Finally, the yummy part of the tour – Lunch
How about a lunch in one of the most popular cafes among locals? Out recommendation for lunch is Candies by Coffee Room. They serve very healthy foods with Benediction eggs and sturdy salads.
Candies is a lovely place for truly enjoying the food, the conversation, the atmosphere and the people. It’s a local gem of central St Petersburg and a mecca for homemade cheesecakes, airy panna cotta and fondant, if you think you deserve a dessert or two after such an intense tour!
After the tour you may want to explore the breathtaking in every way Hermitage or continue your memorable stroll along Moika Embankment or English Embankment, take a river boat, simply rest your mind in Alexander Garden or get back to your hotel
Depending on your preferences your guide will leave you at the right place and give directions, if necessary.
If you plan to explore Hermitage after our tour, we recommend to start the tour no later than 1.00 pm on Wednesdays, and 11.00 am on any other day except Mondays. The Hermitage is closed on Mondays.
|Extra costs (per person):||
Possible entrance fees (if you want to drop in somewhere)
|Your tour:||Fun facts, iconic places, local experience, traditional food, friendly guide|
|Your guide:||Bright and energetic local, young, enthusiastic, and fun! Your guide is your local friend.|
|Pick up & Drop off:||Lobby of your hotel or any place you wish|
|Start time:||10am - 12pm|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your St Petersburg tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + Meet a local and make a new friend in Saint Petersburg.
- + Exciting fun communication with a local, not just boring history lessons.
- + Ask your guide questions about any subject, get genuinely connected with your guide.
- + Private Saint Petersburg tour, customized itinerary, personalized experience.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit your individual preferences.
- + Your personal tour guide focuses solely on you and makes sure you get the most out of your experience.
- + Your personal travel consultant is at your service any time via email, facebook, skype or whatsapp. You will not feel alone with Friendly Local Guides.
- + Must do + off the beaten path of the city.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Local cosy cafes and restaurants with traditional cuisine and interior.
- + Lunch specials on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + Best coffee shops in the city.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Saint Petersburg scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Special offers for taxi and hotels with good location and price.
- + Expert local advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in St Petersburg.
*This tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Masha is an engaging and friendly guide. Her knowledge is excellent and she added all sorts of extra things to the itinerary. We really enjoyed her company and she connected with us on a personal level. Moreover, she showed us some great, inexpensive cafes with Russian cuisine and helped us to plan the rest of our days in St Petersburg. Thank you so much!
Carlo Peini, Milan, Italy, Oct 12, 2016
- The tour was great, the city is very beautiful but our guide Masha was a star. So much knowledge, charisma, friendliness! I recommend her to everyone who wants to see St Petersburg with a friend, who is so so good at telling stories and customizing your experience.
Julia Wagner, Berlin, Germany, Jul 19, 2016
- Truly amazing tour. Sasha met us promptly at the point and we walked along the Nevsky Prospect and visited some museums and galleries. The tour was never rushed and we could relax and enjoy the city. Highly recommend Sasha and this tour to all my friends and relatives.
Oscar Lewis, Great Britain, Mar 02, 2016
- We’ve seen the best places the city has to offer. Our guide Sasha was super active and fun and we genuinely enjoyed spending time with her. Thanks a lot to the Friendly Local Guides and Sasha for making this time so incredible.
Carlos Gomez , Spain, Feb 16, 2016
- We didn’t realize that 5 hours city tour of St Petersburg can be so fun. We took a walk along the Nevsky Prospect, saw Kazan cathedral, Arts Square and the Russian museum. Maria’s devotion to her job and the way she tells you stories about St Petersburg past and present played its part. She made us fall in love with this city. You definitely must book her for your tour in St Petersburg.
Julie Moreau, France, Feb 10, 2016
- It took us quiet a walk to see the city. But it was definitely worth it. Sasha was informative, we got to listen to many of her stories about the history, culture and architecture of the place. Some of them I even put down in my notebook. All in all, I’d grade this tour with 10 points out of ten. Thanks to Sasha for making it very enjoyable.
Jacob Clarke, United States, Jan 14, 2016
- Thank you for everything, you guys are the best. Especially thank you for great advice and tips what to do after the tour. Much appreciated!
Elmira , Berlin, Dec 04, 2015
- We had a great tour in St Petersburg with our private guide. There was no way we could have found all those sights on our own in just one day. Our guide was friendly and very helpful with advice and recommendations on what to do, where to go, where to eat etc on our free day
Тara, D, Oct 10, 2015
- Thank you so much, girls!
Alina and Valery did a great job with customizing my tour. We managed to cover so many things in one day that I couldn’t even imagine! What a way to explore St Petersburg! I recommend Friendly Local Guides highly.
ivetta, Yerevan, Oct 10, 2015