Lifetime experience visiting two most artistic, elegant and stunning cities of Russia – St Petersburg and Peterhof on our private tours with friendly local guides.
This ultimate 2-day tour combines all the main highlight of St Petersburg, which is often called the Northern Venice, and Peterhof, which is said to rival Versailles.
Highlights of Saint Petersburg:
- See top tourist attractions in Saint Petersburg: Nevsky Prospect, Church on Spilled Blood, St Isaac's Cathedral, Kazan Cathedral, the Hermitage (from outside) and more!
- Take in the views of Nevsky Prospect, fascinating bridges, embankments and all downtown of St Petersburg;
- See a garden, 2 parks, 3 legendary cathedrals, 4 embankments and a dozen other local gems of St Petersburg;
- Learn about the intriguing, controversive and rich history of Russia;
- Hear the stories behind popular attractions;
- Get insider tips and an insight into a local Petersburg life;
- Get the real feel of St Petersburg in urban parks and off the beaten path areas;
- Enjoy the scenic views from embankments and capture the dramatic panorama from observation deck of St Isaac’s Cathedral (optional);
- Customize your itinerary and have a great time on a hassle-free private St Petersburg tour with a Friendly Local Guide.
- Hotel pickup (any time you wish);
- Nevsky Prospect, main street of Saint Petersburg and, believe it or not, Russia;
- Kazan Cathedral, breathtaking - both inside and out, a true gem of Saint Petersburg with 136 columns;
- Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood, feel very small inside this grand cathedral with elaborate gilded-work and sophisticated mosaics;
- Eliseev Emporium – a delicatessen store from a bygone era to refresh yourself before you hit Nevsky Prospect;
- Beloselsky Beloozersky and Anichkov Palace, cultural heritage of Russia and the most beautiful private palaces of XIX century;
- Monument to Catherine the Great, a major force in Russian history and the idol of many Russians;
- Russian National Library, the oldest national library of Russia, established in 1795 by Catherine the Great;
- Coffee experience in the best coffee shop of St Petersburg, with views of Griboedova Channel Embankment and Kazan Cathedral (optional);
- Michael Garden & Summer Garden – enjoy local nature and explore the city through the eyes of locals;
- Michael Palace – astonishing architectural monument, unusual and unique for St. Petersburg;
- Palace Embankment, Admiralty Embankment, Griboedova Channel, Moika Embankment and Lebyazhya Kanavka Embankment – take in famous landmarks, get the real feel of the Northern capital and enjoy the breezes coming off the water;
- Bronze Horseman, Monument to Peter I - unique statue of Peter the Great, the greatest man in Russian huistory, the founder of Saint Petersburg. It survived the siege of Leningrad (former name of St Petersburg) during WW2 and is one of the symbols of Russia;
- Palace Square – feel the magnitude of this huge square, one of the largest and most historic open spaces of the city;
- The Hermitage is a huge complex, with several different parts. Must be on your bucket list for life experience;
- Marble Palace with its opulent design and startling types of marble is one of few buildings that survived the siege during the WWII;
- Winter Palace – with only 2% of the items they show, you will still be amazed with a vast variety of jewels, gold and furniture. Decorated in over-the-top fashion, this is one of the most photographed places in St Petersburg!;
- The buildings of Imperial Army General Staff and Royal Guards' General Staff;
- Alexander column – the state of the art of architecture, the monument to the Russian military victory in the war with Napoleon;
- The Narva Triumphal Arch – an elegant memorial to the war of 1812;
- Admiralty, one of the first structures to be built in St Petersburg, where Tsar Peter I himself took part in the massive construction of the very first ships of Russia's Baltic fleet;
- The Admiralty Garden, a fashionable place for the Petersburg aristocracy back in 19th century to promenade and catch up with the latest gossips;
- St Isaac’s cathedral – grand structure, stunning interior, golden icons, splendid mosaics and plenty of history!
- Lunch in a cozy local café. With magic interior, healthy foods, lots of mouth-watering desserts and perfectly located on one of the most vibrant streets of Saint Petersburg;
- Drop off at your hotel or any place you wish.
Highlights of Peterhof:
- See the landmarks of Peterhof, including Peterhof fountains, Grand Palace, Monplaisir, Peterhof’s Ermitage, Marly Palace, Cottage Palace and more!
- Enjoy a 45-minute tour on a high-speed hydrofoil down the Neva River (optional, not included in the price);
- Take in panoramic views of St Petersburg;
- Explore "the Russian Versaille", Russian pride, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most famous and popular attractions of Europe;
- Learn fun facts and fascinating stories about the royal family and the Official Imperial Residence;
- Admire the spectacular Grand Cascade fountains and take as many pictures as you want, no rush;
- Feel the energy of the unique structure: three major cascades and over 140 fountains, a sophisticated 18th-century fountain masterpiece;
- Have some summer fun with the Umbrella Fountain and get totally soaked;
- Take lifetime shots of Peterhof's gems: the golden statue of Samson bravely grasping the jaws of a lion, the black and white chessboard design cascade, the fountain featuring Chinese dragons, the fountain depicting Neptune – God of the Sea, and more!
- Hotel pickup (any time you wish);
- Cruise along the Nera river, across the Gulf of Finlandб and see the grandeur of all the tourist attractions from a unique perspective – the best way to visit Peterhof;
- Peterhof Park and Gardens. Upper and Lower Gardens are an encyclopedia of park design, have a lifetime stroll around peaceful, beautiful, and memorable gardens that were laid out over centuries and cover a huge variety of styles, from rococo formalism to romantic landscapes and cozy nooks;
- Peterhof Fountains – take look at the iconic world's greatest ensemble of fountains and its astonishing diversity: the Grand Cascade with (wow!) 64 different fountains, and over 200 bronze statues, the Grotto - a cozy nook hiding behind the Grand Cascade, the Chess Cascade, the Pyramid Fountain, and ever-fun Joke Fountains, which will play a joke on you and spray you when you step on a random paving stone (you never know which one);
- Monplaisir Palace – one of the first attractions to greet you, this charming palace best expresses Peter the Great’s multi-cultural spirit. The Palace resembles a Dutch Colonial mansion with large French windows. The Lacquered Gallery features Chinese lacquering with a distinct Russian character, and the Assembly Hall is patterned with latticed panels representing half of the world: Asia, Africa and America;
- Marly Palace – a lovely baroque mansion with an eye-pleasing harmonious nature and an atmosphere of peace and serenity, surrounded by ponds. The Zen Zone, as well it in Friendly Local Guides;
- Cottage Palace and Alexandria Park – an English-style estate which used to be a summer Imprerial residence of the Tsar's family. This elegant mansion reflects the tastes of generations of royal family and is a bit of everything: seaside villa, Gothic castle and English farmhouse. The estate has superb views over the Gulf of Finland;
- You can still witness the ruins of Nicholas's Farm Palace and the neo-gothic Alexander Nevsky Church in the surrounding Alexandria park;
- Peterhof Hermitage, located on the picturesque shore of the crystal-clear Gulf of Finland, with highly instagrammable waterfront views and lovely water breeze, used to be a hang-out place for the royal family and a casual dining room for Peter the Great’s closest friends, and provided total privacy for the royalty. This is an ideal place to finish the two day tour and have royal Russian traditional Bliny lunch before we board the hydrofoil and head back to St Petersburg;
- Lunch – Russian hot pancakes with different fillings in the scenic spot with the views of the Gulf of Finland;
- Ride back to Saint Petersburg by hydrofoil in a relaxed, comfy and fast manner;
- Drop off at your hotel or any place you wish.
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Your tour:||Fun facts, iconic places, local experience, traditional food, friendly guide|
|Your guide:||Bright and energetic local, young, enthusiastic, and fun! Your guide is your local friend.|
|Pick up & Drop off:||Lobby of your hotel or any place you wish|
|Start time:||9am - 12pm|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your St Petersburg tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + Meet a local and make a new friend in Saint Petersburg.
- + Exciting fun communication with a local, not just boring history lessons.
- + Ask your guide questions about any subject, get genuinely connected with your guide.
- + Private Saint Petersburg two day tour, customized itinerary, personalized experience.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit your individual preferences.
- + Your personal tour guide focuses solely on you and makes sure you get the most out of your experience.
- + Your personal travel consultant is at your service any time via email, facebook, skype or whatsapp. You will not feel alone with Friendly Local Guides.
- + Must do + off the beaten path of the city.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Local cosy cafes and restaurants with traditional cuisine and interior.
- + Lunch specials on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + Best coffee shops in the city.
- + Spectacular Saint Petersburg scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Special offers for taxi and hotels with good location and price.
- + Expert local advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in St Petersburg.
*This tour can be modified to meet your preferences