Paris City Tour
Fast-paced Paris Tour
Even if you have little time for a city tour in Paris, so much awaits you on our private fast-paced 5-hour tour!
The heart of downtown Paris, elegant Notre Dame, gorgeous Eiffel Tower, chic Champs Elysees, coop and hippie Latin Quarter and much more!
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Eiffel Tower
- Champs de Mars
- Grand Palais
- Champs Elysées
- Tuileries Park
- Ponts des Arts
- Notre Dame
- Park alongside Seine
- Unforgettable tour with your friendly local guide;
- Explore the most popular Paris attractions;
- Enjoy the best views of Eiffel Tower from Trocadero and Champs des Mars;
- Visit the legendary Notre-Dame glorified in Hugo’s novel;
- See the tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte;
- Relax in lovely Tuileries Park;
- Take a step at the most romantic bridge in Paris;
- Be impressed with the legendary Louvre;
- Take a look at the most famous cultural and art center;
- Fall in love with amazing Paris.
Let’s begin our Paris tour in a very remarkable place called Trocadero. It is the name of Paris neighborhood and of the hill where this neighborhood is located. Trocadero has the spectacular viewpoint to Eiffel Tower. In order to take the best photos you should go up to observation deck located in Chaillot Palace. Views which can be seen from here will leave you speechless! After photoshooting we will walk through Trocadero Park with the largest fountain in Paris.
After leaving Trocadero Park you will find yourself on the Seine embankment. Cross the river and you are standing right in front of IT – the 324-meters high miracle. Eiffel Tower. This monument doesn’t need any introduction. It is the symbol of Paris and of the whole France. Must-See for all tourists. We can guarantee that the moment when you see it in all majesty will become breathtaking and unforgettable.
Champs des Mars
Just in front the Eiffel Tower the wide green area of 25 ha is extended. This is the famous Champs des Mars. Founded as a place of arms for Military School, this place was a witness of the most significant moments of French history such as national insurrections and oath of French Constitution. Nowadays nothing reminds about the past: Champs des Mars is a charming place where people come to see different exhibitions and concerts, take exercises or just relax. This place is favourite by tourists and Parisians because of impressive view of Eiffel Tower. Highly recommended to come here at night to enjoy spectacular backlight of Tower.
This large complex was built in 1706 to accommodate war veterans. Nowadays it still fulfills its main purpose. Also many museums such as Museum of Contemporary History and Museum of Army are located here. Many people come here to visit the tomb of great Napoleon Bonaparte. Invalides is a perfect example of classicism architecture. The complex can be seen from almost every point of Paris due to majestic golden cupola which has become an essential part of Paris landscape.
Built for World Exhibition 1900, Grand Palais is surely a unique monument. First of all, it amazes with its enormous size, majestic architecture and vitreous cupola. Secondly, it is a universal place for any event: from classic concert to ice-skating. Grand Palais is a significant cultural and art centre. Many trendy events take place here and all artists dream of being honored to hold their exhibitions in Grand Palais. By the way, it is the permanent place for Chanel fashion shows. Anytime you visit Grand Palais rest assured you will always find some interesting event!
Luxurious, fashionable, expensive, elegant, lively at any time… It’s all about legendary Champs Elysees. Here you can find everything: boutiques, restaurants and bars, business centres, historical monuments and lovely pedestrian area with flowers and fountains. The street connects two beautiful Paris squares – Place de la Concorde and Place d’Etoile with magnificent Arc de Triomphe. Walking along this avenue is a real pleasure: there is no place like this where you can feel the real Paris.
Being a vibrant megapolis, Paris also has a lot of gardens and parks. The most popular is surely Tuileries Park – the green heart of Paris. A great place with rich history where you can just relax and enjoy beautiful landscape with green plants, ponds, fountains and statues. For impressionism lovers a must-visit place is Orangerie museum where famous impressionistic masterpieces painted by Monet, Matisse, Renoir and many others are kept.
9 millions of visitors every year. 160 100 sq.m. of museum territory. 400 000 exhibits created during all our history in different cultures and regions. The first museum opened for general public. The home for legendary Mona Lisa and Venus of Milos. All this is Louvre. Louvre is a real treasury keeping world-famous masterpieces. Of course. you need much time to explore museum but now you can take a look at it and feel blessed standing in front of the greatest museum in the world.
Pont des Arts
After immersing in Louvre atmosphere of art, we will cross Seine by very interesting bridge – Pont des Arts. It’s the first iron bridge in Paris which has its name due to its location near Louvre which was called “Palace of Arts” in 19th century. Nowadays the bridge captures attention by picturesque views opened from there. That’s why it’s a favourite place for artists and photographers who make their masterpieces while looking at beautiful landscapes of Paris. Follow their example and take memorable photos! Interesting fact: during long times couples from all over the world have been holding locks on Pont des Arts as a sign of their love. But thousands of locks became a danger for the construction of bridge and 45 tones of locks were removed from this romantic place.
Love is in the air!
The next stop is Cite Island – the oldest part of Paris where all its history began. The pearl of this island is Notre-Dame Cathedral. It’s a great sample of gothic architecture. Due to tracery and sophisticated decoration, the cathedral looks ethereal and mystical at the same time. Inside you will see amazing colorful stained-glass windows. For further exploration of cathedral go up to its rooftop. Here you will see the rising spire of Notre-Dame and sculptures of gargoyles and chimeras. Don’t miss an opportunity to make a wish near them!
Square Jean XXIII
Finish our tour in pleasant and peaceful atmosphere of the Square Jean XXIII. Here you will see a big green area and a large mysterious gothic fountain. The lovely atmosphere is also made by numerous street artists. It’s the best place to chill out in a cafe or on a bench among beautiful flowers and admire wonderful views of Notre-Dame and Seine. What a charming place to finish our best Paris tour!
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your Paris City Tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 40 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Paris.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Paris scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This Paris tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- This might be a good tour for all the newbies who are short in time. Your private tour guide will take you to the most famous attractions in Paris, located not far from each other, so that you can walk and see them all yourself. Besides, you’ll be listening to all the fantastic stories about Paris and its people and your private guide will always make sure that you are fine and whether you need help or advise. Very good tour, I highly recommend.
David A, Switzerland, Sep 21, 2016
- Merci beaucoup to the Friendly Local Guides for organizing such an incredible pastime in Paris. This Paris city tour was great. We enjoyed walking along the area, where all the famous sights were congregated. My daughter was very impressed by the Notre Dame, while my husband was astonished to see the Trocadero, where you can take brilliant pictures of Eifel tower and admire the view. Great tour that made our day.
Anna C, Zealand, Sep 21, 2016
- One of the best walking tours we have been on. We had an excellent tour guide, whose stories of the local life and history were much more beyond of being just interesting. I wish history and literature lessons were taught in schools the same way our private guide told them to us. He kept us active, enthusiastic and entertained for the whole 5 hours of the tour. We loved being in his company. After the tour was over, he also gave us some recommendations for dining and vining and they turned out to be just what we needed.
Stefan K, Serbia, Sep 21, 2016
- I would highly recommend this fast-paced Paris city tour as it an excellent way to explore all the main attractions in Paris, such as Louvre, the Notre Dame, the Eifel Tower and much more. Your private local guide will introduce you to the history, architecture and tell you many intriguing stories behind them. This tour is very entertaining, fun and enriching. Great way to get to know the city.
Luca M, Italy, Sep 21, 2016