1-Day Tour in New York City
All New York Must See sites!
Today’s theme? A box of candies! This one day New York tour is all about best assets.
Today your local guide will open your eyes to the myriad sights of what has been a favorite world destination in the 21th century. Whispers among travelers claim New York City is the most global city on the planet, so venture onto the streets to see what the gossip is about.
Be warned: Once you taste this Big Apple, you may be disappointed with any other city for the rest of your life.
With Mission Impossible state of the mind, you’re straight into a guided tour of NYC seeing TOP 10 must see:
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
2.The Metropolitan Museum of Art
4.Grand Central Terminal
9.One World Observatory - World Trade Center
10.Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island (optional)
- Take in the abundant culture of New York, and pay a visit to Times Square – the crossroads of the world;
- Why not do as locals and have a memorable picnic in Central Park;
- Enjoy your impressions of the sights over a classic New York pizza;
- Explore the cosmopolitan downtown of NYC and take in the dramatic sights on the Fifth Avenue and Broadway;
- Feel like a King on Top of the Rock Observation Deck, NYC’s most popular attraction;
- Have the photo shoot of your life in this glamorously-instagrammable city.
Walk around the legendary Central Park, have a picnic, smile at people, take a couple of shots, and… feel at home.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Brush up on your American history, or art, or both! Pay a visit to any museum you like: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, Neue Galerie, Cooper Hewitt, the Jewish Museum, El Museo del Barrio, or any other museum of your choice.
Carb up on urban culture of NYC and hit the main New York skyscrapers, including Rockefeller.
Let’s conquer the afternoon and get to the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Plaza for astonishing views.
After that, extend your New York state of the mind with some window shopping, or just shopping. Or souvenir hunting. Or you can sip a cocktail somewhere in glitzing downtown of NYC. Tough life.
Grand Central Terminal
The holy grail of fine dining, vintage souvenirs and exclusive gifts. you’ll be surprised at how much history this place has. And culture. And character.
NYC is like a giant ice-cream with a scoop of every flavor, and the biggest scoop is skyscrapers. Let’s kick off our tour with the heart of the city – Times Square, the home of America’s business, film industry, theater, fun, nightlife and all kinds of parades all year round. .
Smell that? That’s the scent of your dreams coming true. Smell the coffee. And the boutiques. And the metropolitan busy life. Ah, New York. Dazzling, puzzling, mind blowing.
There’s more than a few reasons why about 400 000 pedestrians walk through Times Square every day (!). Find out why on the tour!
You probably won’t be able to sleep tonight after all you’ll see today. Or else you will have the best sleep ever seeing millions of colorful kaleidoscopes.
New York Pizza
Eating makes some of the most exciting travel experiences. Agree? Sink your teeth into a super delicious American pizza. You won’t broaden your culinary horizons here, but what you will do is you will try one of the best deep fried pies with masterful crispy crust, melted fresh cheese, quality ingredients and creative toppings.
It’d be a sin against yourself not to try a slice. You are in the best pizza city in America, take advantage of it!
But if you don’t want to take advantage and want to be sinful – we’ll find any cuisine of the world for you here in the city.
Indulge your artistic side on Theater District and Broadway – a centuries-old arena for all America is famous for. This place knows no limits – in 2014 Broadway shows sold a record US$1.36 billion worth of tickets. You want to be part of this one something billion dollars? You can. How about seeing a Broadway show tonight?
Stopping in the middle of the sidewalk is the right way to annoy locals, so we’ll keep on moving instead. After all, it’s Pizza Time and everyone’s hungry!
There are times in life when we need to reflect upon our lives, remember some facts from the past and look at the things from a new perspective. This is a moment.
Travel and photography go together like sun and sky. Get plenty of skyline horizons (and luckily sun) on our Brooklyn Bridge walk.
The National Historic Landmark, the oldest bridge in the US, the first steel-wire suspension bridge constructed, the New York icon – this bridge is the perfect place to clue yourself up on US history, and take the pictures that will shame your friends’ vacation.
After a speed-dating style tour of New York city, it’ll be a relief to drop for a coffee in Stumptown – the nation’s most famous coffee destination.
To sweeten the deal even more, we know a couple pretty amazing bakeries on the must-eat lists.
One World Observatory - World Trade Center
You come to New York not for sightseeing though, right? You come here to feed your motivation, to bust your energy, to feel the world.
Take a 360-degree view from the top of the world. Try and find the sights you’ve just seen.
Sadly, this is where our tour ends. How you play your cards afterwards is up to you, but if you stick around there’s another page of New York opening for you – the realm of night life! Seeing New York city all lit up at night means your really saw the city.
+ Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island if you want a 10-hour tour
Statue of Liberty
Statue of Liberty is like watching a history documentary about America. Live. With epic panoramas of present-day megapolis.
Look around and feel … that you’ve truly arrived!
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your New York tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 25 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in New York.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular New York City scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This 1 day New York tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Dear Friendly local guides team,
Greetings from Ottila International!!
We are a leading wholesale tour operator in India and GCC market. You can check our webiste on www.ottila.com
We have booked a tour through Viator
Tour name: Private full-day New York city tour with English Guide
Tour date: 13th June 2017
Lead Traveler: Mr. Jinendra Jain (4 Adults)
Our Viator booking reference is BR-613294291
Local contact given for this tour is +13474355207.
We have been trying to contact the same number since yesterday evening and so were our guests, but there is a recorded message repeatedly, that the person you are trying to connect is unavailable and leave a message for them, and the guests were trying to contact before tour to decide meeting place in the lobby.
Thus, they could not take the tour and their entire day was wasted.
Many thanks and Regards,
Ottila International, Indore, India
Jinendra Jain, Bhopal, India, Jun 14, 2017
- Being to the New York City for the first time, we had no idea what to expect. Our local guide took us to the Central Park in the morning – and that’s where we began the journey. The information he gave us about the city wasn’t tiring or timid, and he always gave us straight answers to all the questions we asked. Next time we come back, we will undoubtedly book our guide again. We highly recommend this Must see New York tour to everyone!
Ove Haugen, Norway, May 03, 2016
- John is certainly the one in a million, he is the best guide in NY you could ever find. He knows a great deal about the history, customs, food, economics and religion of the place and impressed us with his deep knowledge of his culture. We instantly liked him and were sure that this tour will be prefect with him. If you are looking for the nest guide in NY, John is your guy.
Lucas Petit, France, May 03, 2016
- Times Square was spectacular. Just like they show it in the movies, even better. Our guide also took us to see the Statue of liberty, Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We couldn’t be happier with our Must see NY tour. The best experience in every way and excellent private guide, we highly recommend.
Angela, Sydney, May 03, 2016
- They say people in New York are the most jaded people in the world. Well, from our experience, it seems to be just a myth. All the people we met were exceptionally friendly and John was the most modest, helpful, understanding and kind-hearted guide we’ve ever met. We want to thank John for the opportunity to see the city from the bright side and we look forward to coming back here again in the future.
Rob Bruce , New Zealand, May 03, 2016