New York City Tour
7 Must-See NYC attractions
This private New York city tour is a perfect blend of culture, history, architecture and fun. See the must-see sights with hidden local gems lying in between in just 5 hours: from Times Square and Broadway to Grand Central Terminal to Wall Street.
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Times Square
- Rockefeller Center
- NY Public Library
- Grand Central
- Wall Street & Wall Street Bull
- 9/11 Memorial
- Take in the abundant culture of New York, and pay a visit to Times Square – the crossroads of the world;
- Why not do as locals and have a memorable picnic in Central Park;
- Enjoy your impressions of the sights over a classic New York pizza;
- Explore the cosmopolitan downtown of NYC and take in the dramatic sights on the Fifth Avenue and Broadway;
- Feel like a King on Top of the Rock Observation Deck, NYC’s most popular attraction;
- Have the photo shoot of your life in this glamorously-instagrammable city.
What used to be the most desirable location in NYC back in the 1920s, is now the most desirable location in the world. Nearly one million people flock to Times Square to celebrate the Ball Drop on New Year’s Eve.
The heart of the world attracts over 300 000 people daily and is home to the legendary Broadway Theater District. The 6,000 sq ft (557 sq m) Visitor Center and Museum on Times Square will tell you about the history of Times Square, and show you the New Year’s Eve Ball for the last 10 years.
Don’t skip the costumes from NYC’s Broadway shows. It’s a must-see!
The most popular tourist attraction in New York, Broadway knows how to impress. There’re approximately 40 Broadway theatres in operation with a combined capacity of thousands and thousands of seats (though only 4 out of 40 are actually on Broadway).
Some plays run for a really long time. Take Phantom for example. Opened in 1988, it has been staged over 11,400 times over 27 years. What a gem!
Among future Broadway productions are Anastacia and Groundhog Day in 2017. Meanwhile, Aladdin and American in Paris can be the highlight of your New York holiday. Ending your day with a musical after the tour would be the ultimate experience in the theater city of the world.
Built in 1930s, Rockefeller Center is a National Historic Landmark. The 19 commercial buildings on 89,000 sq m (22 acres) create a lot of buzz. On the tour you’ll learn about the heroic of its founder John Rockefeller, who took on the giant project, estimated at $250 million, as the sole financier, thus making it the largest private building project ever undertaken in modern times.
Among the attraction in Rockefeller Center are Top of the Rock Observation Deck, The Rink, Radio City Music Hall, The Channel Gardens.
You might want to drop into one of the artisanal coffee shops here. Rockefeller Center is a unique collection of the best coffee places and bakeries in New York: Blue Bottle Coffee, Bouchon Bakery, Magnolia Bakery and Godiva Chocolatier and Teuscher Chocolates are well worth a visit!
NY Public Library
Being the fourth largest library in the world, the New York Public Library boasts 53 million items and 87 branches. The public Library in New York City was established in 1895 and has a lot of historic facts to tell you.
The Library at 5th Ave at 42nd St features 96 illustrated bronze sidewalk plaques with quotes from famous authors. The Beaux Arts building has more to allure you - iconic stone lions look very impressive!
Drop inside for a story or two about the library and New York City.
With over 20 million visitors a year, Grand Central Terminal is a hot draw in New York and is in TOP 10 most popular tourist attractions in the world, so it really must be in your bucket list as well.
The iconic Grand Central is really grand, monumental, massive and yet sophisticated. You’ll be amazed by crafted details and the four-faced brass clock, the faces of which are estimated to be between $10 million and $20 million.
So much more awe-inspiring features here: the Glory of Commerce sculptural group with representations of Mercury, Hercules and Minerva, the 4-meter (13-foot) clock in front of the Grand Central façade, the world's largest example of Tiffany glass!..
This place will leave you speechless!
At the former site of the World Trade Center sits the 9/11 Memorial Museum which is designed to commemorate the September 11, 2001 tragedy, which killed almost 3000 victims.
The museum is about 21 meters (70 feet) and occupies 10,000 sq m (110,000 sq ft).
The Memorial’s twin reflecting pools are the largest manmade waterfalls in the US. The Memorial design was selected from over 5,200 entries from 63 nations in a global design competition.
Wall Street & Wall Street Bull
The 1.1-km (0.7-mile) long Wall Street justifies the title of New York City as the leading financial center of the world. It’s home to the New York Stock Exchange, the world's largest stock exchange, NASDAQ, the New York Mercantile Exchange and the New York Board of Trade.
Originally called de Waal Straat, when New York was New Amsterdam, the Wall Street still keeps and is proud of its old traditions.
If we happen to start or end the tour here, you may catch the beginning of the Trading in Wall Street at 9.30am when the opening bell is rung at the New York Stock Exchange, or the end of trading when the closing bell is rung at 4pm.
Take a selfie with a Wall Street Bull – or Charging Bull. It may not bring you a Wall Street success, but will surely bring you some fun when you’ll be choosing which of the bull’s horn to grab.
This is the end of our tour. You may wish to stay here and have some time exploring the area, or else your guide can drop you off at some other touristy attraction nearby. Or may just as well choose to go back to the hotel.
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your New York tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 25 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in New York.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular New York City scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This walking New York City tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- I was short on time in New York, as I had a lot of work to do, but on my last day Iíve finally freed myself a little and booked the New York city tour by Local Friendly Guides. The tour organization was very smart, nothing extra, just straight to the point. The itinerary includes visiting the most famous gems of the city in 5 hours. Plus, you get your own private guide, which is a great thing, really. Any time you need help Ė he is there for you. Itís like having an old friend in New York, who is taking you around, telling you interesting things, helping you out, keeping you entertained. Thanks to all, it was a great finish to my busy week in New York.
Oscar K, Sweden, Sep 20, 2016
- Itís a fabulous tour to get to know New York. 5 hours is just enough to visit the main sights and get a spirit of local life. Besides, your private local guide can easily modify the itinerary, in case you have your own choice of places you want to visit. And, believe me, heíll be more than glad to take you anywhere you want in the city. After the tour was over, my tour guide also provided me with some dinner recommendations which turned out to be fantastic. I definitely recommend choosing the Friendly Local Guides Company for your holidays, and their tour.
David A, Switzerland, Sep 20, 2016
- Wonderful 5 hour tour of New York. Our private guide was very energetic and knew everything about the city. We asked him to change our itinerary and instead of going to see the tragic 9/11 Memorial, we enjoyed eating pizza in one of the cafes near the Central park. My kids also loved the tour and we are already looking forward coming back here again. To say the least, it was one of the best tours weíve been on.
Francisco, Portugal, Sep 20, 2016
- This tour is amazing. We visited all the hidden pearls of New York just in one day. My husband and I both think that it was a very enriching experience, no muss no fuss. Also, big thanks to our private tour guide, whose knowledge of New York was beyond our expectations. We had a really nice time in the city.
Mariam A, Spain, Sep 20, 2016