2-Day Tour in New York City
Nearly 30 New York attractions
Spend quality time at the very best places in NYC on this 2-day tour in New York. You can never visit too many attractions, so our cultural plan for nearly 30 attractions in two days is simply the best two days in your life. (5 hours each day)
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- St Patrick's Cathedral
- Waldorf Astoria
- Chrysler Building
- Grand Central
- New York Public Library
- Bryant Park
- Times Square (lunch)
- Fashion District
- Empire State Building
- Madison Square
- 5th Avenue
- Trump Tower
- Central Park
- Statue of Liberty
- Wall Street
- 9-11 Memorial
- The Woolworth Building
- City Hall & City Hall Park
- Little Italy
- Washington Square Park
- New York University
- Greenwich Village
- See the places with best scenic views in New York City;
- Explore nearly 30 attractions in the city;
- Labyrinth streets, parks and coffee shops in Downtown and Uptown;
- Hit the streets like a local with a private friendly local guides;
- Stock up on Belgian chocolate at Grand Central Terminal;
- Capture the elaborate architectural patterns of the NY Public Library and Waldorf Astoria Hotel;
- Explore the world of fancy on the Fifth Avenue;
- Lose yourself among the tallest skyscrapers in America;
- Visit the legendary Empire State Building worth of OMG;
- Get in the know about local life in New York City.
Day 1 Uptown
There is one really epic place to watch the sunrise in New York City, and this is Rockefeller Center. The morning buzz, coffee smell, best chocolatier in the city and great photo ops will help you wake up and feel positive for the whole day.
Time to chop off some of those calories you had for breakfast exploring the city. We have a lot on the menu for today, so cheer up!
St Patrick’s Cathedral
Don't let the fairytale church and cool postcard views fool you. Manhattan is the birthplace of everything fancy and dazzling, and you’ll see why.
Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Go celebrity-hunting as we approach the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Sex in the City, The Sopranos, Serendipity, Law and Order are only a traction of movies and TV series filmed here.
On Manhattan, the highlight of any tour is skyscrapers, a myriad of monumental high-rises which are ones of the most complicated architectural structures with all kinds of size, shape and design.
Grand Central Terminal
You come for history and architecture and stay for Belgian chocolate which is quite good here. And yet, there is a lot of history here. If Grand Central was a book, it would have more novels than Harry Potter does.
New York Public Library
Keep your eyes peeled for iconic stone lions, grand chandeliers and brass lamps in the Beaux Arts building of NY Public Library.
Listen to the stories that’s nothing like you expect from a library.
Prepare for Instagram paradise as we head to one of the loveliest parks of New York with a great lawn and NY Public Library as a background.
Watch the big city life happening live in front of your eyes. Come back again at night to watch it lit up. Pinch yourself regularly, your dreams came true. New York is all yours today!
Fashion District (Garment District)
Feel like a model as we roll into Fashion District buzz. If fashion is not your thing, there are many casual bakeries and cozy nooks for coffee like Italian Piccolo Café, Ramini Espresso Bar and hip local Café Grumpy famed for its house-roasted brews in a relaxed NYC setting.
Grab a fancy latte or a classic Italian cappuccino and hit the streets!
Let’s go where the action is – to the highest concentration of movie theaters in the world, Broadway Theater District. All Broadway Theaters have incredible stories behind them and breathtaking architecture.
It all started with the Theatre on Nassau Street back in 1750, which held approximately 280 people. You’ll be surprised to hear present-day Broadway Theater by numbers.
Macy’s Department Store
Get emotional at Macy’s as you’ll see a never-ending maze of boutique with great deals and sales. Don’t get too greedy.
Empire State Building
Spend some time at the place which inspires thousands of people to make a fortune. This will not necessarily make you rich but will possibly activate your ambitions.
Madison Square Garden & Madison Square Park
It’s time to explore the historic architecture of NYC in more depth and Madison Square is the perfect place for history talks.
Surrounded by the early US skyscrapers and New York City landmarks like the Flatiron Building, the Woolworth Building, the New York State Supreme Court, the MetLife Tower and Metropolitan Life North Building, Madison Square turns into a walking fairytale of Renaissance revival and Neo-Gothic styles.
The high status of Fifth Avenue was known already in 1862, and today 5th avenue is more than New York's social elite and aristocratic families. The Fifth Avenue stretches for 10 km (6.2 miles) and is famous for National Historic Landmarks.
Don’t miss the Museum Mile that will make you go WOW. Among the museum here are:
El Museo del Barrio, Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Museum of the City of New York, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, Jewish Museum, The Metropolitan Museum of Art and many more.
The Trump Tower is owned by and houses the penthouse residence of Donald Trump. Among notable tenants in Trump Tower are Gucci Flagship store, Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruce Willis.
You mission here is to track the film scenes, as the Central Park is arguably the most filmed locations in the world. The 843-acre park was established almost 160 years ago, in 1857, and attracts over 40 million visitors a year.
Must-see attraction and a perfect place to finish our tour.
Finish at American Museum of Natural History or the Metropolitan Museum.
Day 2 Downtown + Financial District
Statue of Liberty
Want to avoid the crowds? Be ready to start this day really early. Get your history fix on Liberty Island and don’t forget camera, as the epic views of the city are guaranteed. The #1 attraction in NYC is waiting for you!
A 1.1-km (0.7-mile) walk is just what the doctor ordered.
Wall Street is short, but the size doesn’t matter on Wall Street. The money does. And, obviously, there is a lot of it behind the walls of these beautiful buildings with Classical architecture.
The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
The 9-11 Memorial is in top 5 things to do in NYC. The place will give you goosebumps. Take it all in here: touch parts of the WTC, see engines that had been crushed, touch the survivor tree.
Go on a journey back to that day…
The Woolworth Building
This National Historic Landmark is in the list of 30 tallest buildings in New York City. The old gran skyscraper has an extraordinary story to tell and is truly a gem.
City Hall & City Hall Park
Experience the elegant charm of New York in the City Hall Park. This a miniature gem is great for taking pictures.
Chinatown and Little Italy are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Prepare for some signature Chinese vibe with the best dim sums in the city, if you fancy to try.
There's more to Little Italy than Italian pasta. Gastronomy aside, Little Italy is one of the most beautiful places in New York City. Little Italy used to be home to almost 10 000 Italians… Now these 3 charming blocks have quality above quantity.
Channel your inner globetrotter and go exploring Soho, which is known for artists' lofts, art galleries, upscale boutiques and chain store outlets.
26 blocks, 73 acres, 500 buildings of SoHo-Cast Iron Historic District will make you reconsider your attitude to Renaissance and Italianate architecture.
Washington Square Park
The Washington Square Park is a tonic after today’s walk. Relax and enjoy. History is in the air here, as the park was created in 1871.
New York University
NYU is hardcore. The fastest computer in New York City sits at NYU. For the annual Strawberry Festival the NYU cooking staff bakes the largest Strawberry Cake in New York City, using 2,500 egg yolks and 489 cups of sugar. And if you dare to go to the library, 4.5 million volumes are sitting and waiting to devour you.
New York City has some of the best coffee places in the world. Don’t miss one of the best-preserved Bohemian capitals of the world which is home to many lovely coffee shops. Make your way to local gems like Third Rail Coffee, La Colombe Torrefaction and Oren’s Daily Roast.
Greenwich Village is also popular for many notable people like Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Stone, Julia Roberts, Leonardo DiCaprio, Marc Jacobs, Uma Thurman, Mary-Kate Olsen, Robert De Niro, Alec Baldwin, Sarah Jessica Parker and many others.
Finish at entrance to Brooklyn Bridge.
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your New York in 2 days tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 25 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in New York.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular New York City scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This 2 days in New York tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- This tour is a real diamond. Packed with interesting facts and storied, spices up with a great number of hot spots – it was just what we needed for our ideal vacation in NYC. Our guide was very helpful and fun. Great tour, indeed.
Noah N, Belgium, Sep 21, 2016
- It was a very good two days tour in New York. We, family of five, found something special in the city for each of us. My husband enjoyed the Rockefeller Center the most, I admired the Fashion District and the Times Square and our kids seemed to like the Stature of Liberty. I have to admit, that it was not a very good idea to take our kids with us, especially if they are 5, 6 and 8 years old, as they are very naughty and we could easy lose them out of sight in such a bustling city as NY. Big thanks to our private guide, as she helped us a lot with the kids and kept them entertained as much as she could. We definitely recommend the tour and next time we go on a trip, we’ll think twice about taking our kids with us.
Laura R, France, Sep 21, 2016
- Awesome two-days tour in New York. I wish this tour lasted for a week, as I didn’t want to say good bye to my local guide, she was too charming. The whole trip wouldn’t be the same without her, she shared with me the best stories about NY, took me to dozens of cool places and became a very good friend of mine. If I were to book the Friendly local Guides’ tour again, I’d love to book the same private guide as well. Big thanks for making my time in NY so unbelievable!
Nicola L, Serbia, Sep 21, 2016
- Chrysler Building, Times Square, Broadway, Empire State Building..my head is swirling as I can’t believe - I’ve finally seen it all and more. Coming here all the way from Moscow was a bit of a challenge to me, but it was nice to have my own friendly private guide in the city. They say, Moscow never sleeps, but, as I discovered, New York never sleeps as well. Moreover, it’s constantly moving and there is not a single moment of rest. I loved the city and its spirit but I have to go back home when my vacation is over. Thanks to the Friendly Local guides for giving me so many good memories of New York.
Martim R, Portugal, Sep 21, 2016
- Great experience. In two days we managed to visit more than 20 attractions of New York, and it wasn’t tiresome. Our private guide cheered us up with his jokes and stories, showed all the great sights in the city, and provided us with useful information about the local nightlife, the shopping prices and where to buy the souvenirs for cheap. My husband fell in love with the city and already wants to go back here again in future. Well, next time we come, we’ll definitely use the services of Friendly Local Guides Company again.
Mariana P, Mexico, Sep 21, 2016