Moscow Night Tour
Get cultural insight into a local life, feel the local vibe and enjoy night lights
- Feel the spirit of sleepless Moscow
- Party the night away in one of the many Moscow bars
- See what you can’t see during the day
- Walk around historical part of city by night
- Astonishing Kremlin views
- Majestic architecture in colors of night
- Enjoy great views from Sparrow Hills
- Hypnotizing night city lights
- Become a part of lively Moscow nightlife
Exploring night Moscow means to find yourself in totally different city! Monuments become more spellbinding and the streets with nightclubs, bars and cafes are lively and ready to meet you. Feel the amazing atmosphere of night city and make sure that Moscow never sleeps.
Sample itinerary for the Moscow night tour:
This place is must-see not only during the day but also (especially!) at night. You will feel the real majesty of this place with its monuments, the beautiful illumination and be amazed with iconic Kremlin walls.
Observation deck on Sparrow Hills with Moscow State University (Stalin skyscraper) is the great place to enjoy breathtaking views of city by night.
Beautiful City bridge leading to Gorky Park has fantastic views of Christ the Savior Cathedral and the Moskva River. Exploring Moscow attractions by riding a bike along the riverside pathways can be a unique adventure!
Historic City Centre
Walk along main Moscow streets : Tverskaya Street and historical lanes with a great variety of cafes and bars. Arbat is a legendary street to find all kinds of awesome! Enjoy the streets loved by citizens and tourists.
Night clubs and bars
Finish your night adventure with a drink in the nightlife hotspot Solyanka, or Patriarch bridge leading to Strelka with lots of stunning views on the way!
From our tour. Impressions of our American tourist:
We walked over the bridge where I got a better photo of the Kremlin to enter metro station to travel the one stop back to the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour. This cathedral has a fascinating story. It is Moscow's largest Orthodox cathedral. It was built between 1839-1883 as a memorial to those who fell fighting Napoleon's army in the War of 1812.
At its entry, the marble walls are covered with inscribed names of those whose lives were lost. For more than a century, it was the city's largest single structure, dominating the city skyline. In 1931, a few seconds demolished what had taken 50 years to build, following Stalin's orders.
The marble from the church and other valued materials and objects were stripped and removed to be used elsewhere, such as for creating art in the Metro stations. During Khrushchev's time, one of the world's largest outdoor swimming pools was built.
In recent years, the decision was made to rebuild the Cathedral; this time it took only 5 years at a cost of $150 million. While the city provided most of the funding, when the decision to rebuild was announced, the rubles poured in from the general population. Once again, photos were not allowed, but my friend bought a booklet, and she kindly let me use it so you can see its elaborate interior.
What you probably DO know about this cathedral is that the Russian punk band Pussy Riot performed a protest concert inside the church in 2012, resulting in their arrest and jail time for 3 of its members.
After my friend selected her icon from the gift shop, it was time to bid our favorite Muscovite guide farewell. Our Moscow guide has restored my faith in her generation. So wise and compassionate she is. She was extremely perceptive about our preferences and needs.
As my friend noted to me last night after we got back to our room, there wasn't a problem our guide didn't solve with calm and timely effectiveness. After she presented both of us with gifts tied with satin ribbon, she walked us across the plaza in front of the cathedral to our waiting cab. She told my friend that she reminded her of her own "Baba" and that she would send my friend a picture of her to show the resemblance.
Even with this affection on her part toward my friend, I know our guide would have delivered the same excellent guide service to us, topped with abundant grace and sensitivity. These characteristics are a part of her inner soul. Our positive regard of Moscow is because of our guide.
|Extra costs (per person):||
(150-1500 rub, depending on your preferences)
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your Moscow by night tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Moscow.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants. Discounts on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Moscow scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Good value for souvenirs, taxis, and hotels.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This Moscow by night tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- I was impressed with the service. These guys are professional and super friendly. And they personalized my tours both in Moscow and St Petersburg. My guide Kate has an engaging personality and was very informative. Couldn’t be better!
Alina, Kherson, Oct 17, 2016
- Angelina was a highlight of my tour! Very friendly, knowledgeable and flexible. She included some unique non-touristy sites that you can’t find in any guide book. I appreciate her beautiful personality, flexibility, advice, care, knowledge of the Russian culture. Our bike ride in the evening took us through Boulevard ring squares, streets, gardens and parks. Amazing experience. I happily recommended her to anyone who wants to have great time in Moscow!
Pavel, Liverpool, Sep 29, 2015
- We booked last minute, in the morning of the tour day, and we were lucky to get a prompt response from Friendly Local Guides. Alina assigned the guide for us, included in the itinerary all must-see places we wanted to see. Everything was extremely well-organized!
Our guide Angelina showed us more than we expected, taking us to a bunch of local places that we would never discover ourselves. Great tour, great service!
Stanislav P, USA, Sep 15, 2015
- Had a great time with my private guide Angelina, who we became friends with. It was a great tour and a wonderful experience!
Anna, Kiev, Sep 05, 2015
- Had a few hours before my late flight back so Alina planned an excursion to get an overview of Moscow, always put my needs first, when I was flagging in the 30 degree heat she organised a car so not have to use the metro, at no extra cost Highly recommended will definitely use Alina again
Timothy Treadwell, UK, Aug 18, 2014
- A great night of experiencing Moscow like a Muscovite with walking the main shopping district, local cafes, catching the metro, the fabulous walk and then the view from Sparrow hill. If you want to experience Moscow like the locals do, this is a must tour.
Rob MacDougall, Australia, Oct 25, 2013
- My family and I took two walking tours with Alina-one in the evening, another during the day. She is a very pleasant guide, knowledgeable about the city, and ready with many different options for places to visit and things to do. Overall, she was very accommodating to all of our needs and interests. I would recommend taking a walking tour with Alina. She is very nice and enthusiastic about showing Moscow to visitors.
Alexandria Farriswheel, Kentucky, USA, May 24, 2013