Moscow Metro private tours
- 2-hour tour $87: 10 Must-See Moscow Metro stations with hotel pick-up and drop-off
- 3-hour tour $137: 20 Must-See Moscow Metro stations with Russian lunch in beautifully-decorated Metro Diner + hotel pick-up and drop off.
- Metro pass is included in the price of both tours.
Highlight of Metro Tour
- Visit 10 must-see stations of Moscow metro on 2-hr tour and 20 Metro stations on 3-hr tour, including grand Komsomolskaya station with its distinctive Baroque décor, aristocratic Mayakovskaya station with Soviet mosaics, legendary Revolution Square station with 72 bronze sculptures and more!
- Explore Museum of Moscow Metro and learn a ton of technical and historical facts;
- Listen to the secrets about the Metro-2, a secret line supposedly used by the government and KGB;
- Experience a selection of most striking features of Moscow Metro hidden from most tourists and even locals;
- Discover the underground treasure of Russian Soviet past – from mosaics to bronzes, paintings, marble arches, stained glass and even paleontological elements;
- Learn fun stories and myths about Coffee Ring, Zodiac signs of Moscow Metro and more;
- Admire Soviet-era architecture of pre- and post- World War II perious;
- Enjoy panoramic views of Sparrow Hills from Luzhniki Metro Bridge – MetroMost, the only station of Moscow Metro located over water and the highest station above ground level;
- If lucky, catch a unique «Aquarelle Train» – a wheeled picture gallery, brightly painted with images of peony, chrysanthemums, daisies, sunflowers and each car unit is unique;
- Become an expert at navigating the legendary Moscow Metro system;
- Have fun time with a very friendly local;
- + Atmospheric Metro lunch in Moscow’s the only Metro Diner (included in a 3-hr tour)
+ for 3-hour tour
- Museum of Moscow Metro
- Drop-off at your hotel, Novodevichy Convent, Sparrow Hills or any place you wish
- + Russian lunch in Metro Diner with artistic metro-style interior for 3-hour tour
Fun facts from our Moscow Metro Tours:
From the very first days of its existence, the Moscow Metro was the object of civil defense, used as a bomb shelter, and designed as a defense for a possible attack on the Soviet Union.
At a depth of 50 to 120 meters lies the second, the coded system of Metro-2 of Moscow subway, which is equipped with everything you need, from food storage to the nuclear button.
According to some sources, the total length of Metro-2 reaches over 150 kilometers.
Museum of Moscow Metro
The Museum was opened on Sportivnaya metro station on November 6, 1967. It features the most interesting models of trains and stations.
The first scheme of Moscow Metro looked like a bunch of separate lines. Listen to a myth about Joseph Stalin and the main brown line of Moscow Metro.
According to some astrologers, each of the 12 stops of the Moscow Ring Line corresponds to a particular sign of the zodiac and divides the city into astrological sector.
Astrologers believe that being in a particular zadiac sector of Moscow for a long time, you attract certain energy and events into your life.
Red marble walls of some of the Metro stations hide in themselves petrified inhabitants of ancient seas. Try and find some!
- Every day each car in Moscow metro passes more than 600 km, which is the distance from Moscow to St. Petersburg.
- Moscow subway system is the 5th in the intensity of use (after the subways of Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai).
- The interval in the movement of trains in rush hour is 90 seconds.
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Moscow.
- + Private & customized Moscow tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the walking tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants. Discounts on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Moscow scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Good value for souvenirs, taxis, and hotels.
- + Expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in Moscow.