Take the most out of Moscow during your layover in the city!
Our one day Moscow layover tour is saturated and designed with you in mind, icnluding all must-see sights as well as some off the beaten path places with a local vibe.
The suggested itineraries will be customized for you depending on the duration and your preferences.
If you want to extend the tour, you are welcome to do it by paying $20/extra hour in cash.
- See all the main attractions of Moscow
- Experience exciting things to do in Moscow
- Get a helpful companion and reliable friend at your service!
- Save time, money and energy with your guide
- Find out all you need to know about Moscow
- Admire Red Square and the Kremlin
- Scenic iews from Patriarch bridgea and Big Moskvoretsky bridge
- 8:00 am - Pick up at the airport
- 9:10-9.30 am - Metro tour
- 9.30 A brief walk around Kitay Gorod area
- 10.00 Red square, Monument after Zhukov, St Basil’s Cathedral, GUM, Lenin Mausoleum, Kazan Cathedral, Manege Square, Bolshoi Theater
- 11:00 am – Change of the Guards in Alexander Garden
- 11:30 - Kremlin
- 12 pm - Armory
- 1.00 pm - Lunch at Khorchma on Mokhovaya
- 2:00 - 2:30 pm - visit to the Christ the Savior Cathedral and taking photos on the Patriarch's bridge with the views of the Kremlin, Peter the Great monument and Red October factory.
- 2:30 - 3:30 pm - Walk to the Bolotny Island
- 3:30 - 4:30 pm - Walk around Zamoskvorechye area or visit to Tretyakovka
- 4:30 – 8.00 pm - Great walk from Museon to Sparrow hills metro station through the Gorky park and Leisure gardens with visit of open-air exhibition of soviet monuments in Museon Statues Park, coffee break in Gorky park, maybe have dinner in a Russian restaurant. Some rest on the benches in Leisure gardens. Or take a boat tour in Gorky park.
- 8.00 pm – train or taxi back to the airport
- 8:00 am - Pick up at the airport
- 9:30 -11.00 am – Bolshoi Theater, Red Square, Kremlin and Kremlin cathedrals, St Basil’s Cathedral, Lenin’s Mausoleum, GUM, Manege Square, Monument after Zhukov, Alexander Garden
- 11:45 am -12:45 pm - Victory park
- 1:15 - 2:15 pm Lunch
- 2.30 – 3.00 pm Metro tour
- 3.00 – 4.00 pm Sparrow Hills, Stalin skyscrapers, Moscow State University
- 4.00 – 5.30 pm River cruise on Moscow river or Novodevichye Convent
- 6.00 – 7.00 pm Dinner
- 7.00 – 8.00 pm Evening walk in the New and Old Arbat streets
- 8.00 pm - going back to the airport
- 8:00 am - Pick up at airport
- 9:00-9.30 am – Metro tour
- 10.00 am – Coffee break in a vibrant local coffee shop
- 10.30 am-12.00 pm Red Square & Kremlin
- 12.00 – 1.00 pm - Downtown walk visiting Eliseev store, all main streets of Moscow: Kamergersky lane, Kuznetsky bridge, Petrovka street, as well as Patriarch's ponds, Tverskoy boulevard, Pushkin square
- 1.00 - 1:30 pm - Lunch in Happiness Cafe
- 2.00 – 2.30 Visit a newly-restored and very popular among Muscovites Detskiy mir shopping center with the observation deck on the top with views of the city
- 3:30 – 4.30 pm Tretyakov Gallery or a historic walk around Kitay Gorod and Zamoskvorechye areas
- 5.00 – 6.00 pm VDNKh Soviet Park or modern hotpost Gorky Park
- 6.30 – 7.30 pm Kolomenskoe Museum-Reserve or Tsaritsino Museum-Reserve
- 7.30 – 8.00 pm Quick dinner or Coffee break
- 8.00 pm - back to the airport
How it works
- Your guide will meet you at the airport or railway station holding a sign with your name on it.
The rest of the day is up to you! Your guide will suggest a number of ideas on how to spend your first day in Moscow. Please share your interests and expectations in advance so the guide will be able to create an individual plan for you.
The tour is flexible and can include a variety of options, such as a visit to Red Square, a local art gallery, a home-made bakery market, or an activity to meet locals, just to name a few.
After the tour your guide will get you to the required train station or organize a taxi for you.
We know Moscow and we know all about the current exhibitions, gourmet restaurants, discounts and sales in the city. Therefore, please tell us about your needs and preferences in advance so we can arrange for the best possible deals.
Our goal is to provide you with an authentic tour of the city that is tailor-made for you. Visiting Moscow is a once in a lifetime experience and we are happy to assist you in getting the most out of your trip here.
We cherish our individual approach and are proud of our flexibility – we invite you to take advantage of our friendly tours in Moscow.
|Extra costs (per person):||
(Kremlin - 500 rubles, Armory - 700 rubles)
500 rub – aero express train from airport to the city, or about 1500 rub for taxi
(150-1500 rub, depending on your preferences)
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time, depending on arrival time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per extra hour|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Moscow
- + Private & customized layover tour
- + An exciting tour, not just boring history lessons
- + An authentic experience of local life
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants. Discounts on weekdays (Mon-Fri)
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Moscow scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime
- + Good value for souvenirs, taxis, and hotels
- + Expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in Moscow
*This tour can be modified to meet your preferences