Visiting Russia is like flashing back in old times – the times of Tsars and Tsarinas, Peter the Great, Lenin, Communists and Stalin.
On our Food Tour you’ll see all the most historical areas of Moscow, and try Russian pelmeni, Ukranian borsch, Georgian Khachapuri, as well traditional hospitality, coziest and amazingly beautiful interior.
All food is included!
We can add/drop some places to make it more/less historical, cultural or foodie.
We can include food markets and street food.
The price and menu for this tour varies depending on number of people, season and duration of the tour. All tours are always customized to make you happy. You are welcome to pay $20 per extra person in cash on the tour (starting from 2nd traveler).
The menu for our food tour is pre-set, but you can buy something extra in cafes, if you wish.
Let the Fun begin!
Moscow Food Tour
We’ll start with historical downtown and walk around Kuznetsk Bridge, Petrovka street, Kamergersky lane, Stoleshnikov lane and Mokhovaya street. Expect architecture from different epochs, monuments to Russian leaders, Moscow Mayor’s house and Russian state library – the biggest in Europe.
Lunch at Korchma, Ukranian traditional restaurant
Korchma is famous for its great atmosphere, interior and food. Best Russian and Ukranian traditions in one place! Our lunch will include:
- Lean sorrel borsch
- Podolsky Salad, incredibly juicy and crispy salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, cauliflower, carrots and greens;
- Zrazy with mushrooms and spinach
- Chicken soup with noodles
- Spring salad with cucumbers, radish, eggs, green onions, lettuce and mayonnaise
- Chicken schnitzel with stewed cabbage
Walk around Kitay Gorod, Bolshoi Theater, historical streets of Moscow.
2 options for snack: either Georgian or Siberian cuisine
1. Tbilisi snack in traditional Georgian restaurant (choose one)
- Khachapuri with compote (Russian sweet drink from berries), or
- Porridge with persimmon, or
- Chirbuli – fried eggs with saffron, or
- Tkvila chakhokbila – fried eggs with tomatoes, or
- Borano – omelette with Imerulo cheese, or
- Curd rissoles with greens, or
- Home-style matsoni yogurt with honey or jam, or
- Penovani – cheese puff pastry, or
- Sinori – fried pastry rolls with tvorog (cottage cheese) filling, or
- Churchkhela – Georgian nuts dipped in thickened grape juice, or
- Pumpkin cake with orange juice, or
- Baklava, an Eastern sweet made form puff pastry, honey and walnuts, or
- Medovik – classic honey cake with smetana cream.
2. Snack in Altai restaurant, Siberian cuisine with old Russian traditions in historical Zamokvorechye area (choose one)
- Atlantic herring fillet, onion rings with roasted potatoes on the coals, fennel and amber vegetable butter, or
- Julienne chicken – sliced chicken with fried mushrooms and onions cooked in cream with cheese crust, or
- Traditional Russian pancakes with the main ingredient of your choice – rustic sour cream, homemade jam, Altai honey, or
- 3 kinds of little pies: 1. with sauerkraut, carrot, salt, pepper, eggs; 2. with potatoes and mushrooms; 3. with potatoes, onions, mushrooms, mushrooms, salt, pepper, eggs, or
- Sausage-roll with beef, pork, onion, butter, salt, pepper, eggs, or
- Vinaigrette – classic Russian salad with boiled potatoes, carrots, beets, sauerkraut, cucumbers, beans flavored with fragrant herbs and butter, or
- Deer milk – two kinds of rep milk caramel crust.
Walk along Tverskaya, the main street of Moscow.
Walk around Zamoskvorechye area, the most beautiful and ancient district of Moscow.
Fun time in Gorky Park
- The most popular place among locals, absolute must do when in Moscow. Sitting on a bench on fresh air in front of fountains and sipping traditional Russian tea, or having a yummy ice-cream, specialty of Gorky Park – whatever you prefer.
- Your guide will leave you in Gorky Park after the tour so that you take your time and discover the park, as it’s huge. From there you can head to Neskuchny Sad (Not boring Garden) and Sparrow Hills, as they are now part of Gorky Park.
- You can just as well take a night river cruise from Gorky Park or Sparrow Hills – it would be a perfect end of the day
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Moscow.
- + Private & customized Moscow tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the walking tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants. Discounts on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Moscow scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Good value for souvenirs, taxis, and hotels.
- + Expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in Moscow.