3-Day Tour in Moscow
With a Friendly Guide
Youíre almost a local!
- Take pride in covering all of Moscow.
- Trek through the history of Moscow.
- Walk through ancient Russian art galleries.
- Discover the deepest metro station, highest point, oldest building, shortest street and more!
- Visit State Historical Museum of Moscow and/or Tretyakov Gallery and Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Enjoy circus performance and/or ballet show.
- Escape from the hustle and bustle of city life in Kolomenskoe or Tsaritsino parks.
- Indulge yourself at the best Russian chocolate café.
Moscow in 3 Days Itinerary:
Trek through the history of Moscow from its foundation in 1147, through the times of Ivan the Terrible, the Romanov Dynasty, the rise and fall of Communism, and up to the modern-day Moscow we live in now.
Visit Moscow’s deepest metro station, study Soviet architecture up close and personal, see Moscow from the highest observation platform in the city, and indulge yourself at the best Russian chocolate cafe on this Moscow tour!
Day 1 in Moscow — History Day (XI-XIX centuries)
Tsar Bell. ?
4 cathedrals: Annunciation Cathedral, Assumption Cathedral, Archangel Cathedral, Cathedral of the Twelve Apostles.
4 palaces: State Kremlin Palace, Great Kremlin Palace, Terem Palace, Poteshny Palace.
5 squares: Cathedral Square, Palace Square, Trinity Square, Ivanovo Square, Senate Square.
20 Kremlin Towers.
- Armory and Diamond Fund (optional, not included in the price).
- St Basil's Cathedral.
- State Historical Museum.
- Kazan Cathedral.
- Lenin Mausoleum.
- Manege Square.
- Alexander Garden.
- Eternal Flame and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Street of Kitay Gorod: Nikolskaya, Ilyinka, Varvarka.
- Christ the Savior Cathedral.
- Patriarch Bridge with scenic views of the Kremlin.
- Momument after Peter the Great.
Day 2 in Moscow — Modern Times (XX-XXI centuries)
- Any 5 of your choice:
- Izmailovo Flea Market.
- Zamoskvorechye area.
- Kitay Gorod area.
- Tretyakov Gallery.
- Kolomenskoe Park.
- Tsaritsino Park.
- All-Russian Exhibition Center (VVTs).
- Old Town of Moscow Walk through the historical streets and admire the architectural marvels of the past that are now the homes to modern shops, cafes, and anticafes.
- Bunker 42 Cold War (optional, not included in the price)
Day 3 in Moscow — Entertainment (theatres, circus, street life, bars and pubs)
- Metro Tour of Moscow
- Victory Park & WWII Museum
- Observation Platform on Sparrow Hills
- Arbat street
- Gorky Park
- Muzeon Statues Park
- RIver cruise (optional, not included in the price)
From our tour. Impressions of our American tourist:
Arriving at the Kremlin (which means “fortress”) made of its red brick walls, our guide noted the “swallowtail” border at the top of the wall that surrounds the 2km distance of the wall, a result of the style of the Italian architects hired for this job.
While our guide went to secure our pre-ordered tickets to see the Armory Chamber and the Diamond Fund, we admired the abundant hydrangeas. It was this destination that spurred Linda and me to seek a private tour guide....Viking was NOT going to take us to the Diamond Fund....
Understandably, since the space is too small to manage 200 people, even if we are divided into 'subgroups.' And, I am so glad we did not miss it. Fabergé eggs are always on my list of favorite things, and I was delighted to see some I had never seen in the 3 other exhibits I have visited in the US.
The collection of royal garments, the extensive collection of impressive pieces of silver (that tarnish to a lovely dull gold hue....not black as my silver does....how does THAT happen??) used for serving or given as gifts or used in religious worship; armaments, including intricately inlaid rifles and sets of armor and chain mail; and royal carriages. I would not have been happy if we had not seen this collection.
We made our way into Cathedral Square, the Kremlin’s ancient center framed by three large cathedrals in the old Russian style, the Imposing Ivan the Great Belltower, and the Palace of Facets, and the church of the 12 Apostles (because of the number of onion domes).
The 3 cathedrals are: Annunciation Cathedral (late 1490's); Assumption Cathedral (early 15th C.); Archangel Cathedral (early 16th C.). Our guide explained that the 3 cathedrals represented a type of 'circle of life'....daily prayer/bread taken at Annunciation Cathedral; where the heads were crowned at Assumption Cathedral, and a place of final rest for the royalty and patriarchs at Archangel Cathedral.
These cathedrals do not function as places of worship....they are museums....period! There is no sanctuary space....there are small rooms; also, larger rooms whose high, elaborately painted ceilings rise into a dome where the face of Christ looks down upon you; and rooms with massive altarpiece art.
I am amazed they survive, considering where the relegation of religion after the Revolution. Thank goodness they do....the frescoes, the art, the icons are expansive and impressive. We were not allowed to photograph; so sorry.
The Ivan the Great Bell Tower is 263-ft. high; although in place since 1329, this modern version dates from 1600. No building was allowed to be taller than it was in that time.
Had we stayed with the ship's itinerary today, the only noteworthy sightseeing we would have done of the Kremlin is the Tsar's Bell and the Tsar's Cannon. Yes, they are huge. No, neither ever 'worked.' A wayward drop of cold water on the hot metal silenced the big bell for the ages; and the Tsar's Cannon was never fired. Yes, we were glad we were with Inna and seeing so much more.
|Extra costs (per person):||
(Kremlin - 500 rubles, Armory - 700 rubles, Diamond Fund - 700 rubles)
(150-1500 rub, depending on your preferences)
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your Moscow tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: you will be charged 20 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Moscow.
- + Private & customized Moscow three day tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants. Discounts on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Moscow scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Good value for souvenirs, taxis, and hotels.
- + Expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in Moscow.
*This tour can be modified to meet your individual preferences.
- I canít tell you how happy I was to spend 3 lovely days with friendly local guides. These guys are really friendly and really knowledgeable. It felt like hanging out with local friends but getting all the benefits of a guided tour: history, culture, local tips, best photo ops and so much more. Thank you so much for this magnificent experience!
Michael, London, Jun 13, 2017
- Multi-day tour in Moscow
Unbelievable 3 days in Moscow with very friendly and knowledgeable guides (we had a new guide every day). Iíd never imagine we could cover that much with a private guide. We literally checked off everything from our list and saw man other places we even didnít hear/read about in our guide books. Thank you so much Friendly Local Guides!
Waldemar Maas, Berlin, Germany, Mar 02, 2017
- We had a great experience with Gelena. She tailored our tour in accordance with our preferences, has shown us much more than we could have seen ourselves without a local guide, she has also reserved a table in a restaurant for us, helped to figure out with a metro pass and got us great deals when souvenir shopping. We canít thank enough Friendly Local Guides and Gelena for this great tour!
Ferdinand Tengelmann, Cologne, Germany, Jan 23, 2017
- Great way to see the city and do all kinds of fun stuff from Red Square and Kremlin to off the beaten path and cozy nooks like Patriarchy Ponds, Coffee Bean coffee shop, beautiful Pyatnitskaya street and its ancient churches and temples. Highly recommended!
??????? ??????, ??????, Nov 30, 2016
- I would not hesitate to recommend Kate and Vera to anyone wanting a cultural and historic insight into Russian heritage in Moscow. Extremely knowledgeable of all the places that we visited in our 3 days with them.
Paul Gosner, Bern,Switzerland, Oct 19, 2016
- We were in Moscow earlier this month and had both Vera, Angelina, as well as Gelina as our tour guides over the span of three days. All three of these guides were genuine, intelligent, interesting, and had great English! We thank them for their time and passion and for the great memories that they gave us of Moscow- we highly recommend them for anyone looking for an authentic and all-encompassing tour of the city!
Bhawani Ojha, USA, Jun 09, 2016
- I felt I had a friend taking care of me! Well planned, saturated with interesting sights, facts and places. I couldn't recommend Alina highly enough - we found her to be polite, knowledgeable, flexible and funny. Probably the best tour guide we used in over 10 years. Thanks very much, you're a fantastic person.
Alina T, Ulan Ude, Sep 27, 2015
- I had such a great experience working with Friendly Local Guides. It was actually more fun than work. Meeting all those amazing people, our tourists, and having the opportunity to see so many nice places, unique architecture, learning fun and historical facts related to the city and the country made it an exceptional period. Many hugs to the cool team!
Kriztinamonika, US, Sep 15, 2015
- My girlfriend and i hade a wonderful time with 'Dasha and Masha' in march 2015 in Moscow.
we found them very friendly&lovely and knowledgeable.
both of them have full information about russian calture and history and we've seen 20 moscow attractions that was amazing, also tasted famous russian foods :-)
we really recomended them, wish to go there once again
Kourosh, Tehran/IRAN, Apr 01, 2015
- Well planned to suit my interests, astronomy and space, so visited Cosmonauts Museum and Planetarium. Well planned even to where best to snack and have lunch. Always ready to meet particular interests. A brilliant day
Timothy Treadwell, UK, Aug 21, 2014
- My guide was very knowledgeable and gave me very interesting facts about the places we were seeing,the city and the culture. We ate at local cafes (good local food and prices). I could never have been able to manage the metro without her. The tours were at a very relaxed pace but we saw a lot in our time together. I really enjoyed our conversations and our days together. She made me feel comfortable in the areas we toured and I went back on my own when not on tour. I highly recommend this guide and tour
Janis McCahill, USA, Mar 19, 2014
- As with the other two days with Alina, just a wonderful experience with all her knowledge and providing us with the ability to see things that the big bus tours never do. An easy pace with lots of history and wonderful sights.
Rob MacDougall, Australia, Oct 23, 2013
- Best Business Mans tour. See the Moscow that is it's people. Alina took us to famous places that are not on the first tour you take. Perfect English and great sense of humor and jokes. My business partner and I have been many times and now I can see the city and it's people. We will defiantly be on tour again. Alina went to a exposition with us and was a great help!!!!
Douglas Bruce, USA, Oct 07, 2013