Milan Night Tour
Magic lights, authentic vibes!
Milan night experience is like a big chewy chocolate chip cookie! Same big, same delicious, same dark!
Discover Milan attractions at night to see them all magically lit up, looking mysterious and whispering their intriguing stories to your ear.
*The itinerary depends on how many stops you want to make during the tour, and may be revised.
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Sforzesco Castle
- Parco Sempione
- Arch of Peace
- Corso Como
- Gae Aulenti Square
- Via Brera
- La Scala, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, The Bull, Duomo (outside only)
- The Finger
- Columns of San Lorenzo
- Porta Ticinese, Porta Garibaldi, Porta Nuova
- Milan Night tour with your friendly local guide;
- Discover how the main Milan attractions look in the color of night;
- Feel the mysterious spirit of Sforzesco Castle;
- See the most provocative monument in the city;
- Travel to the future in Gae Aulenti Square;
- Admire the highest building in Italy;
- Experience the contrasts of Milan;
- Relax at the favourite park of Milanese;
- Be charmed with picturesque Navigli;
- See thousands of lights of sleepless city.
Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco)
Let’s start our tour in a very atmospheric place – Sforzesco Castle. It is very exciting to see gloomy monumental Medieval castle in the centre of modern and fashionable Milan. This castle was built in 14th century and it was a witness of many historical events, intrigues, insurrections…
Just imagine how mysterious this place looks at night! Beautiful backlight makes the monument more impressive and magical. Simply breathtaking!
Just nearby the Castle you will see a huge green area of 50 ha. It’s Sempione Park – a real oasis in the center of bustling city. You will be pleased with beautiful trees and flowers, lovely alleys, fountains, ponds with swans and ducks. Sempione is a favorite place for both locals and tourists to relax and spend nice time in quiet atmosphere among fantastic views.
At night the ambiance here becomes more romantic. You can find many interesting places here such as Arena Civica which is now used as a stadium and can meet over 10000 guests; beautiful Palazzo dell’Arte where many significant exhibitions take place.
One of the main attractions of Sempione is 108m tall Branca Tower looking amazing!
Arch of Peace
Not everybody knows that Milan has its own triumphal arc which is not less beautiful than Parisian one. Originally the idea of Arch was to praise Napoleon’s victories. But after his death the Arch was meant to symbolize the importance of peace.
At night 25 m high Arch with beautiful sculptures and bas-reliefs looks very impressive! At the rooftop of Arch there is an observation deck which is extremely popular among tourists. Whole Milan at your fingertips!
Corso Como is a 280 m long pedestrian street, lined up with top-notch restaurants and clubs. Legend has it that one of the restaurants was so full onne day that even Catherine Zeta-Jones didn't get a table.
Gae Aulenti Square
No doubt that Milan is the city of contrasts. Having a rich historical heritage, it is a contemporary megapolis at the same time. You will realize it when you visit famous Aulenti Square – the heart of modern urbanistic Milan. Here you will see trends of neoteric architecture. One of the highlights here is the elegant Unicredit Tower made of iron and glass which is 217 m tall – the highest building in Italy.
Another interesting building here is unusual Bosco Verticale – the skyscraper which is decorated with almost 1000 trees! Aulenti Square has beautiful fountains, unique LED solar tree (which gets energy from the sun) and much space to relax and walk watching showcases of shops.
The Square is gorgeous at night! What a view it is - all buildings sparkle with thousands of lights! This place became a very popular tourist destination in elite Milanese nightlife. Must-visit place in Milan at night!
Lively area, the historical core of the city, "the milanese Montmartre"… Brera district is an epicenter of authentic cafes, designer shops, world-class restaurants, colorful street markets, cool bars and nightclubs.
Charming Brera with small streets to walk along will become your favorite place to visit in Milan.
La Scala (from outside only)
Opened in 1778, La Scala is a lifetime experience when visiting Milan. Back in the 19th century, La Scala Theater served as a casino. The theater traditionally opens on December 7. Why December 7, why “La Scala”, why is it the most prestigious theater in the world?
Your friendly local guide in Milan will answer these questions and tell you more fun facts on the tour.
Now it’s time to check if Milan is really the capital of contemporary art. On Piazza Affari just in front of Milan Stock Exchange you will see a huge hand with all fingers cut off except the middle one. This sculpture was made by famous sculptor Maurizio Castellan. This piece of art which is called by Milanese “The Finger” provoked a wide public resonance. The main question is what author wanted to tell by this sculpture? Use your imagination to find the answer!
The guide will tell you some versions and you will decide which of them you find more probable. This 11 m tall monument seems to be weird, provocative, but certainly not ordinary. And, of course, it looks very impressive at night!
By the way, the Finger is estimated at 2 million dollars. That’s Milanese contemporary art!
Columns of San Lorenzo
Basilica di San Lorenzo is a very significant church in Milan, and we'll see it from outside. First of all, it was built in 4th century and that’s why it is a subject of cultural heritage. Basilica is considered a real treasure of architecture, history and religion. The church has a picturesque courtyard with statue of Emperor Constantine. But your attraction will surely be captured by 16 monumental Roman columns. It is so amazing to see ancient columns in the center of modern Milan.
No doubt you will have a feeling like you are travelling through the time. Nowadays Columns of San Lorenzo is a popular meeting point for locals. The area is surrounded by numerous bars and never sleeps. Very picturesque place!
Porta Ticinese, Porta Garibaldi, Porta Nuova
Porta Ticinese is former city gate built in 16th century. Later it was rebuilt and became an example of neoclassic style. Nowadays this monument attracts many tourists. But it looks much more impressive at night.
Backlight of Porta gives some mysterious atmosphere to already mysterious Milan by night. Porta Ticinese is a great point to start exploration of amazing Navigli district.
Do you know that Milan is a port city? In the past it had a big system of water channels like in Venice. Nowadays only two channels are remained: Naviglio Grande (which is the oldest in Europe, built in 12th century) and Naviglio Pavese. The neighborhood around channels is called Navigli.
Navigli is quaint and very picturesque district which is perfect to visit at night. Why? Because Navigli is the centre of Milan nightlife. When the sun goes down hundreds of people go out for a drink to bars and restaurants. Bright, lively, cheerful – the atmosphere of Navigli is inexpressible!
Walk along scenic embankments enjoying great views and exploring real Milan and then have a drink and chill out in a bar – the best end of the day is guaranteed!
Local tip: most cafes offer “happy hours” with free snacks so don’t miss a chance to taste delicious Italian food.
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your Milan Night tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 25 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Milan.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst dramatic Milan scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This Milan By Night tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Brilliant tour. We had such an amazing night in Milan. I still feel kind of dizzy from all the colors and lights covering the streets of the central squares. By the end of the tour our private guide has showed us some good restaurants where we could have a romantic continuation to our trip. Grazie mille to the Friendly Local guides, your Milan night tour is really wonderful.
Emily C, Scotland, Sep 21, 2016
- I thought that there is nothing interesting in Milan at night, but my private guide has changed this perception. She has showed me some secret gems of the city and even the familiar Duomo cathedral looked different in the dark. At night there seems to be more people outside, like everyone goes out to celebrate the end of the day with a bottle of vine and cheerful talks in a company of family and friends. I was mesmerized by this spirit and the only regret I had is not to have done this tour earlier.
Carolina D, Portugal, Sep 21, 2016
- This tour really was my destiny. I have spent a week in Milan doing sightseeing, exploring the city, but I have never felt comfortable going out at night until I met this girl who told me about the Friendly Local guides and their night tour in Milan, which I instantly booked. After mentioning to my guide that I am not much interested in a sightseeing part of the itinerary, she changed it and instead we went to the Navigli area, where we had an enjoyable stroll in a very ingratiating atmosphere. It was really an enjoyable past time and I would never be so thrilled about my trip to Milan if I haven’t had this tour.
Olivia L, Norway, Sep 21, 2016
- We’ve started the Milan night tour at 8 pm, when it was already dark outside and the city has turned on its colors. Our private guide met me in the lobby from where we went to take a walk in the Sempione park, admire the view of the Sforza Castle and finishing it all with the glass of vine in one of the finest restaurants in Navigli. The Navigli channel looks marvelous at night. The local atmosphere is enchanting and you never want to leave. I am highly satisfied with doing this tour. Big thanks to my private guide and the Friendly local guides company.
William P, Denmark, Sep 21, 2016