Milan Food Tour
World-class coffee & Italian cuisine
World-class coffee & Italian delicious cuisine are always fun!
Season it with local vibe, a bit of history, a bit of culture and a bit of sightseeing to get the one-of-a-kind experience in Milan in 3 hours. Breakfast and lunch are included!
*The itinerary depends on how many stops you want to make during the tour, and may be revised.
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Panarello cafe, breakfast included (Brera district)
- La Scala (outside)
- Duomo area - Duomo Cathedral, Galleria, The Bull
- The Finger
- Castello Sforzesco, or Sforza Castle
- San Lorenzo Columns
- Rossopomodoro or Nerino Dieci Trattoria, lunch included
- Porta Ticinese
- Walking Food Tour in Milan with your friendly local guide;
- Experience the main attractions and great places to eat in Milan;
- Taste traditional Italian cuisine;
- Enjoy the view of wonderful Duomo Cathedral;
- Take a look at the legendary La Scala;
- Be excited with the majesty of Sforza Castle;
- Make a difficult choice: pizza, pasta, risotto… or everything at once?
- Fall in love with Italian desserts;
- Become delighted with Navigli;
- Feel the vibe of casual Milan.
The great food tour is guaranteed if it starts with Italian coffee and delicious desserts. The network of pastry-shops called “Panarello” was founded in 1885. For almost two centuries Panarello presents a high quality and a great variety of extremely delicious desserts.
We highly recommend to taste Cannoncini (#1 dessert in all Milanese cafes; Panarello makes 30 000 Cannoncini per day!) and a brand “Panarello cake” which was declared a traditional product of Italy by the Italian Government.
La Scala (outside only)
Apart from food tours Milan offers too much history to miss it. After experiencing contemporary art you will get acquainted with the real legend – La Scala Theatre. It’s one of the most famous and influential theatres in the world. All opera lovers dream to visit its performances and all opera singers and music directors dream to stand on its scene. From outside La Scala doesn’t look very remarkable but it is compensated by rich luxurious interior, sacramental atmosphere and inexpressible energy!
If you have more free time in Milan you can visit the museum of La Scala to learn more about this legendary theatre.
Duomo (outside only)
Now we are going to see the main Milan attraction – fantastic Duomo Cathedral. Duomo is the 5th biggest church in the world and the only cathedral in Europe which is made of white marble. This cathedral will prove that gothic architecture doesn’t always look gloomy. Due to its bright white color, 3400 statues and 135 spires rising above the city Duomo looks fascinating, light and sophisticated. Unique masterpiece!
Taking a photo with Cathedral and pigeons is an essential part of the Milan experience.
To show contrasts of Milan our next stop will take place at Piazza Affari. Here in front of the building of Milan Stock Exchange you will see a monument of middle finger. Yes, it’s the famous gesture made in marble! This provoking monument is often called just “The Finger” and its sculptor Maurizio Cattelan called it “L.O.V.E.” and emphasized that it’s necessary to read between the lines. What the sculptor wanted to say by this extraordinary creation? We will try to find answers!
Old, majestic, monumental, a bit gloomy… The Sforza Castle stands out of the image of fashionable and busy Milan. But nevertheless Sforza is an essential part of Milan. This Medieval Castle built in 14th century shows how different and multifaceted the city can be!
Sforza Castle has unique spirit of foretime and will take you to the travel through the ancient times of Milan!
Columns of San Lorenzo
Basilica San Lorenzo Maggiore is one of the oldest churches in the city built in Roman style. In front of this beautiful church you will see 16 Roman columns which were created in about 2nd century AD. Now these columns standing in the heart of modern city remind us the times when Milan was a little settlement in Roman Empire. The scene looks very impressive! The Columns is a favorite place of young people and at nights it is transformed in one of the liveliest places in the city!
Just near Columns you will find GROM Gelateria which is famous by highly delicious traditional Italian ice-cream made of only natural ingredients. Don’t miss a chance to taste it!
Rosso Pomodoro (option 1)
Now it’s time for delicious lunch! No doubt you know how delicious Italian food is and now you have an opportunity to taste it! Rosso Pomodoro is a typical Italian restaurant with 30-year history. The restaurant is very popular and has a big network. Here you can find all traditional Italian meals: pasta, pizza, different salads and delicious starters.
Or else we can go to Nerino Dieci Trattoria for lunch, depending on the day and time.
Nerino Dieci Trattoria (option 2)
Nerino Dieci Trattoria is a traditional Italian restaurant. It is at top-5 “best restaurants in Milan” list by TripAdvisor’s choice. The restaurant is very popular among both locals and tourists. Here you can find all traditional Italian meals: pasta, pizza, different salads, delicious starters and a wide choice of Italian wine. You will be also pleased with excellent service and affordable prices.
Tasting Italian food is an essential part of an Italian tour!
Porta Ticinese is the old gates of Milan. Many centuries have passed by and now Milan became much larger! Use your fantasy and try to imagine how Milan could look in the past! Nowadays the area nearby Porta Ticinese is considered to be lively and multicultural.
Here you will find vintage shops, art studious, small boutiques and various cafes, bars and restaurants. And walking in lovely streets is a real aesthetic pleasure.
The last point of our tour is Navigli neighborhood. This area is different from other parts of Milan. The main reason for it – water channels which for a little time give you a feeling of being in Venice. Navigli is one of the most charming and picturesque places in the city. It’s a great place to relax. Navigli is also famous by numerous restaurants and cafes: here you can find anything you want and taste all kinds of food (including the best dishes of Italian cuisine, of course!). It is highly recommended to try famous Spritz – a favorite cocktail of Milanese. This area is also the best place to experience Milan nightlife.
We finish our tour here, but it doesn’t mean you have to finish your Italian food experience. Go ahead and have a drink, eat, make new friends and to feel unique city vibe!
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
Extra food not included in the fixed menu for the tour
$49 per person starting from the 2nd person in the group
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your Milan Food tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 25 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Milan.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst dramatic Milan scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This Food Tour in Milan can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Such a delicious tour! Our private guide took us to the best cafes and finest restaurants where weve tried all kinds of classical Italian pizza. We also visited the Sforza Castle and had a cone of tasty ice-cream when walking in front of La Scala. Big thanks to the Friendly Local guides for organizing such a creative, wonderful, delicious tour. We loved it!
Amparo T, Spain, Sep 20, 2016
- It was an outstanding tour. For such a food lover like me, it simply seemed like heaven. My private tour guide has taken me to several cafes and restaurants located in the famous landmarks, like Duomo, and I was absolutely thrilled to try several types of the local coffee and vine together with spaghetti, pizza and deserts. After doing this tour I felt like this city has given me its best and I was more than glad to take it.
Anni E, Germany, Sep 20, 2016
- This tour is a Must if you are in Milan. What can be better than combining incredibly tasty foods with picturesque sightseeing? Your local private guide will also be there for you in case you are lost, hesitant or have questions. My only advice to anyone who is booking this tour prepare your stomachs! You just might turn into a foodaholic.
Daisy W, United Kingdom, Sep 20, 2016
- Our family of four have booked Milan food tour with a private guide. We had pizza near Duomo, tried risotto at Porta Ticinese, tasted coffee and some pastries in Panarello and finished this carnival of delicious foods at Navigli with the best Italian red vine and a plate of Parmesan. Our kids loved it and we also were delighted to try all the delicacies in Milan. Great tour with great food in the city of Milan.
Giulia V, Sweden, Sep 20, 2016