2-Day Tour in Milan
Top things to do in Milan in 2 days
Are 2 days in Milan enough to cover all the city? We’re not sure.
But 2-day tour (5 hours each day) is absolutely enough to see all the main Milan attractions and check a lot of things to do in Milan.
*The itinerary depends on how many stops you want to make during the tour, and may be revised.
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Piazza Mercanti
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
- La Scala
- Fashion Quadrilateral (Golden Quadrilateral)
- Milan Public Gardens
- Brera District
- Duomo Square
- Sforza Castle
- Sempione Park
- Arco della Pace
- Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Saint Ambrogio Basilica
- Navigli District
- Two days in Milan: exploring the city's attractions with your friendly local guide;
- Experience the city contrasts: old ages and modernity, calmness and lively energy;
- Check the main points for shopping lovers in the capital of world fashion;
- Make a wish while standing on the Turin Bull;
- Admire the beauty of dazzling Duomo Cathedral;
- Feel the spirit of medieval ages in Sforza Castle;
- Find a piece of Venice in Navigli District;
- Be charmed with picturesque streets of Brera;
- See world-famous masterpieces of art.
Let’s start our Milan experience with its oldest square. Here you can see a great mix of historic times incarnated in architecture. There are stunning palaces built in different styles: the gothic Panigarol House, Loggia degli Osii made of black and white marble, Roman-style Palazzo della Ragione, baroque Scuole Palatine and medieval Palazzo Jurisconsulenti.
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
One of the largest shopping galleries in the world is a great example of how Milan combines the status of a cultural and historical city along with the capital of fashion and shopping. First of all, Galleria is a real architectural masterpiece: you will be amazed by the huge 47 m high cupola made of glass and colorful mosaics on the floor (the famous Turin Bull is also located here and is waiting for you to make a wish!).
And, of course, the Galleria is a holy place for those who love luxury shopping. Shops of all top first-class brands are concentrated here. Window shopping is very much welcome!
La Scala (outside only)
La Scala Opera Theatre is surely one of the symbols of Milan. It is in the list of the best and the biggest theatres in the world. Tickets are bought many months in advance but if you curious, you can visit the theatre museum after the tour and see its rich interior and decoration.
Fashion Quadrilateral (Golden Quadrilateral)
A tour in the most fashionable city is impossible without visiting the heart of Milan shopping called the “Golden Quadrilateral”. It is the area boarded by several streets including world-famous Via Monte Napoleone and the whole area is full of fashionable luxurious shops of legendary brands.
Even if you are not a shopaholic, this place is surely a must-see in Milan.
Milan Public Gardens
Founded in 1786, Milan Public Gardens with lots of different trees, plants, ponds and monuments became an example of landscape art. It is the oldest public park in Europe. There are also significant buildings such as Museum of Natural History and Planetarium. On the north of gardens you will see the beautiful Dugnani Palace built in 17th century.
Located in the city Centre, Public Gardens are a great place to relax after exploring the city. We’ll see them from outside.
This area is often called Montmartre of Milan due to its bohemian atmosphere. Brera is a charming district with lively streets, lovely courtyards and cozy cafes. It’s a perfect place to walk and to relax. It’s also famous by Brera palace where the legendary Pinacoteca di Brera is located. Brera Gallery is a real treasury with great collections of paintings and the most popular museums in Italy.
After seeing the oldest Milan Square you will find yourself in the heart of the city and №1 tourist attraction – Duomo Square. No doubt that its highlight is amazing Duomo Cathedral – the real pearl of gothic architecture. Due to white marble and a great amount of statues, sophisticated imageries and bas-reliefs it looks ethereal and exalted. Don’t forget to take a photo in front of this stunning cathedral.
The first day of Milan adventure is over. You can finish this day with the Duomo Observation Deck to enjoy panoramic views.
In such a sophisticated and elegant city as Milan the dark majestic Sforza castle looks very contrastive. Built in 13th century, it was the residence for Milan rulers. Nowadays the castle is open for tourists who can visit numerous museums located there and learn more about different steps of Milan history.
Don’t skip a lovely fountain called “The wedding cake” near the castle where you can flip a coin and make wish.
In the heart of lively Milan there is a calm green place which is great for taking a rest and enjoying nice views. This park is loved by both tourists and locals. Breathtaking scenes are guaranteed!
Arco della Pace
The picturesque view of Sempione park is complemented by Arco della Pace. 25-meter high arch is decorated with beautiful sculptures and bas-reliefs and symbolizes peace.
Arco della Pace is an icon of Milan and is a perfect photo op.
Santa Maria delle Grazie
The greatest masterpieces of art are not always kept in world-famous museums, and Santa Maria della Grazie is a real proof of it. Maybe from the first sight this church will not attract your attention. However, you will always see a big touristy crowd here because this church keeps invaluable treasure – The Last Supper by Da Vinci.
Saint Ambrogio Basilica
Among all the churches in Milan this one holds the special place. It’s the oldest church in the city built in 379 AD. It will amaze you by its majesty and unique decoration including old altar made of pure gold and great mosaics.
The best place to finish our 2 days in Milan tour is authentic Navigli District. You will not see many tourists here so you can feel the life of real Milan. This district is famous by picturesque water channels. Enjoy a beautiful sunset and a drink in a local bar.
Navigli is extremely popular by its dynamic nightlife.
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 25 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Milan.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst dramatic Milan scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This Milan in 2 days tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Milan, Milan, Milan…you are full of grace and charm. This city, known mostly for its fashion, has been a true inspiration to me in the sense of its history and architecture. The grotesque Duomo cathedral has deeply impressed me and if I had more time, I’d spend several hours there exploring the façade, the bass-relief, the materials of the walls, etc. As an architect, I was more curious in the architectural aspects of all the sights my tour guide had taken me, so we modified the itinerary and spend two wonderful days exploring what I like the most. I will recommend this 2 days in Milano tour to my friends and colleges. I am sure they will enjoy it as much as I did.
Susana M, Mexico, Sep 21, 2016
- Milan has exceeded all my expectations and I really fell in love with it. Exploring this historical city with the private local guide was the best thing of my tour. We’ve shared great stories about Milan, I took many pictures of all the sightseeing, even did some shopping near the Duomo square. Local people were so friendly and good-looking and it felt like this place has captivated me with its unique atmosphere. It was my best 2 days in Milan and next time I come back, I’ll definitely stay here longer.
Cloe M, France, Sep 21, 2016
- The 2 days in Milan tour was fantastic! Time just span away - that what happens when you get overloaded with positive emotions. And I literally was. My local guide was fantastic too – fun, charming, vivacious and thanks to him now I know all there is to know about the history of Milan. I am absolutely happy and satisfied by booking this tour and I promise to spend all my next holidays only with the Friendly local guides.
Otvos S, Hungary, Sep 21, 2016
- We just got back from Milan. All we want to say is Big thanks to our private guide who took us to all the great places in the city and to the Local friendly Guides Company. The whole trip was very pleasant and positively-inspiring. We’ve seen Duomo, the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, Sempione park and many other sights that we wanted to see for a looong time. We’d recommend this Company to all of our friends and family.
Eva S, Belgium, Sep 21, 2016
- It’s the first time I book this 2 days in Milan tour organized by the Local friendly Guides Company, and I am pleased to leave a very positive review here. I absolutely loved it. The tour was well organized, I’ve got my private guide to cruise me around the city, thousands of pretty pictures and memories to take back home. I could decide the time and places to visit myself and my private guide would just take me there and be a wonderful guide in all the possible ways. Next time I travel, I’ll definitely use the services of Local friendly Guides again.
Amadine L, France, Sep 21, 2016