Los Angeles Driving Tour
Downtown's vibrant districts
Take a look inside Los Angeles’ vibrant districts. Cover all downtown and immerse yourself into past, present and future that collide to create a unique Los Angeles local vibe.
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- See over 30 Los Angeles attractions on a 3-hour driving tour;
- Learn a lot of fun facts about fascinating historic landmarks;
- Experience must-see and off the beaten path of LA;
- Take a journey of Los Angeles’ first settlers in El Pueblo district;
- Visit the city’s most colorful districts, enclaves and the epicenter of all cool things in LA;
- Discover the city’s oldest, newest, and tallest buildings and architectural gems;
- Stroll Grand Park for scenic views;
- Admire the dazzling display of ornate ironwork, cage elevators, marble staircases in an iconic Bradbury Building;
- Take pictures of the world’s shortest railway;
- See the last of the great rail stations built in the US;
- Take advantage of your visit to trendy bargain districts;
- Sample historic charm in Grand Central Market which is a hub for artisan food;
- Get your caffeine fix in one of the most instagram-able coffee shops in LA.
- Chinatown: Central Plaza, West Plaza, Chung King Road, Thien Hau Temple, Hop Louie, Far East Plaza.
- El Pueblo: Union Station, LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes, Avila Adobe, Sepulveda House, Plaza Catholic Church, Olvera street.
- Little Tokyo: Japanese Garden, Koyasan Buddhist Temple, Higashi Honganji Buddhist Temple, Go For Broke Monument, Union Center for the Arts, Home is Little Tokyo Mural, Japanese markets and bakeries.
- Civic Center: City Hall.
- Bunker Hill: Walt Disney Concert Hall, Grand Park, Grand Central Market, Angel’s Walk, The Brad
- Financial District: Central Library, the Millennium Biltmore Hotel, US Bank Tower, The BLOC Fig at 7th shopping mall.
- Historic Core: Broadway Theater District, Bradbury Building, Eastern Columbia Building, The Theater at Ace Hotel.
- Jewelry District: Pershing Square, Spring Arcade Building.
- Arts District: street graffiti art.
- Fashion District: Santee Alley and Flower Market.
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 25 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Los Angeles.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Los Angeles scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This Driving tour Los Angeles can be modified to meet your preferences.
- This tour was not only fun from the perspective of sightseeing. I have also made great friends with my local private guide. It was such a relaxed and fun atmosphere spending time with her. We went to see the Japanese Garden, City Hall, the Financial District, and she was so patient with me anytime I had to stop and take pictures. She also told me interesting stories and funny jokes about LA. I’ll keep a great memory of this tour and hope to see my private guide again, somewhere, someday in future.
Emma P, Germany, Sep 21, 2016
- Perfect tour especially for the people of our age. We are a retired couple and we’ve been traveling a lot during the last 5 years. Having quite a bit of experience, we can certainly say that the LA driving tour is the one you will remember. There was no rush, no fuss, and we were able to enjoy the most untouristic places of LA and get a taste of the local coffee. Our private guide was always by our side, ready to help and assist us at any minute. We will certainly consider choosing the Friendly local guides company again in future.
Ellen S, Poland, Sep 21, 2016
- Very nice tour. Very relaxed and exciting. Our private guide organized the tour considering all our wishes and we were very satisfied to be able to see all the places we wanted in 3 hours. The guide took us to the Chinatown, the district of El Pueblo, the district of arts, as it was a prior interest of my mother. The time flew by very fast, but we were left with pleasant emotions and wonderful memories. Highly recommend this tour to anyone.
Aglaia B, Romania, Sep 21, 2016
- It was an authentic experience, indeed. Driving tour in LA gives you a unique perspective on a city you thought you knew everything about. No crowds of tourists and their clamor, no hustle and bustle of the city, just tranquil streets of El Pueblo district, green landscapes of off the beaten paths and enchanting taste of the fresh coffee in a local coffee shop. Just what you need after you’ve explored the main sights in LA. Highly pleased by the tour.
Andrian L, France, Sep 21, 2016