Lisbon City Tour
Prepare for adventure!
Get your bearing on this 5-hour Lisbon City tour, ideal for first time visitors. Snap a selfie at the largest square in Europe, stare at a fairy tale landscape at Belem Tower, go for Renaissance at Jerónimos Monastery… To put it short, prepare for adventure!
*The itinerary depends on how many stops you want to make during the tour, and may be revised.
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
1. Belem Tower
2. Mosteiro dos Jeronimos
3. Praca do Comercio
4. Bairo Alto
5. Miradouro São Pedro de Alcântara
6. Chiado. Lunch: Cafe a Brasiliera
- Private walking Lisbon tour with your friendly local guide;
- Experience top city attractions and best things to do;
- Go up and down Lisbon hills;
- Enjoy the most iconic views of the city;
- Get lost in labyrinth of Alfama streets;
- See the largest square in Europe;
- Take pictures of the main symbols of Lisbon;
- Walk through bohemian Chiado;
- Discover unique Manuelino architecture;
- Taste traditional dishes in the most famous café of Lisbon.
Surely Belem Tower is the most popular view on Lisbon postcards! It’s the most recognizable monument in Portugal which has become a symbol of Lisbon. Belem Tower was built in 16th century in honor of discovery of the sea route to India. This 35-m high monument majestically rises above Tajo River. Its architecture represents typical Portuguese style called Manuelino. Unique mix of gothic, mudejar, renaissance and exotic elements will not leave you indifferent.
There is no other place in the world where you can see such architecture. Enjoy this moment.
Mosteiro dos Jeronimos
Another famous monument of Manuelino architecture you definitely have to see is incredible Mosteiro dos Jeronimos. It was built in 1501 on the money received from the sale of goods imported from Asia and Africa. Dazzling whiteness, unique style, lacy bas-reliefs and numerous sculptures will amaze you from the first sight. And the rich history of monastery will take you to the times of Great geographical discoveries.
Travel through time in this significant place.
Praca do Comercio
Lisbon tour is impossible without visiting the main square of the city – Praca do Comercio. There are many reasons why you can’t miss this place. First of all, it’s one of the largest squares in Europe (36 000 sq.m). Secondly, from the square you can enjoy spectacular panoramic views of Tajo River. Another highlight of the square is majestic Rua Augusta Arch decorated with lots of statues.
The whole image of this place is extremely impressive!
And now how about visiting the highest neighborhood in Lisbon? Bairo Alto is historical area which has many interesting things to tell you. And of course it’s known by its steep climbs and slopes. Being quiet during the day Bairo Alto has a reputation of the neighborhood with the liveliest nightlife. Here you can find cafes and bars to satisfy all tastes. If you have enough time in Lisbon we highly recommend to visit one of fado houses to listen to traditional Portuguese music.
Bairo Alto will make you feel like a local.
Miradouro São Pedro de Alcântara
Now it’s time to prepare your cameras! Bairo Alto is famous by its numerous observation decks. And we are going to visit the most popular – Sao Pedro de Alcantara. This is a small area with green park, beautiful flowers, benches, amazing mosaics on the ground and… simply breathtaking view! Here you will feel like you are standing above the whole city! You will see all the main sights of Lisbon.
Unforgettable emotions are guaranteed.
Restaurants and bars, street artists, boutiques and vintage shops, art studios and galleries… Chiado is considered to be a cultural and bohemian center of Lisbon. What a pleasure to walk along its lovely streets, enjoy every building you see, meet friendly locals or just to relax in one of the cafes to have a drink.
Feel the unique spirit of this fascinating neighborhood.
Lunch: Cafe a Brasiliera
If you ask anyone what is the most famous café in Lisbon, the answer will be definitely: Cafe a Brasiliera. During our walk in Chiado we can’t miss a chance to visit this legendary place and to enjoy traditional Portuguese cuisine. This old cafe was founded in 1905 and became a popular meeting point for bohemia, philosophers and writers. A popular place for photoshooting here is a sculpture of a famous Portuguese writer Fernando Pessoa. The interior is rich and beautiful with elements of art-nouveau style.
You can’t leave this place without tasting Portuguese coffee and traditional dessert Pastel de Nata.
Alfama is a unique neighborhood. It’s the oldest area of Lisbon which keeps elements of medieval, Moorish and contemporary Portuguese culture. You will be charmed with picturesque chaotic streets, lovely courtyards and traditional Azulejo mosaics which decorate houses in Alfama. The neighborhood is also great to explore the local life: here you will not find pretentious touristic places.
If you don’t visit Alfama you don’t see real Lisbon. Unique place.
Tip: Did you know that #1 must-see attraction in Lisbon according to TripAdvisor is Lisbon Oceanarium? If you walk along Tajo embankment from Alfama you will reach its contemporary building. Lisbon Oceanarium is the largest in Europe. Just imagine: 16 000 sea animals! You can learn more about sea flora and fauna from all over the world. Highly recommended to visit!
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your Lisbon tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 25 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Lisbon.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Lisbon scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This City tour in Lisbon can be modified to meet your preferences.
- The city of Lisbon has welcomed us with a sunny day, entertaining sightseeing and a friendly local guide. We’ve been to Lisbon 5 years ago and we can definitely say that it hasn’t lost its charm. Last time we didn’t have any tour guide and we were exploring the place all by ourselves. This time we took 5 hours Lisbon city tour and we recommend it to anyone who is planning to come to Lisbon and get a proper introduction to the capital of Portugal for the first time.
Marie G, Denmark, Sep 21, 2016
- It was our first time in Portugal. When we got to Lisbon and took a 5 hours city tour we were impressed how well-organized the whole tour was. We managed to see all the main sightseeing without getting tired or burned off, as it’s very hot in Lisbon at this time of the year. My husband characterized our trip to Lisbon as “love from the first sight” and we are surely planning to repeat this tour again in future.
Poline L, France, Sep 21, 2016
- My daughter and I were mesmerized by the beauty of Lisbon. I am not sure whether it’s the local atmosphere or the 5 hours city tour or our friendly local guide or all of it together that left such a deep impression on us, but we absolutely loved the trip. Now we are seriously thinking about coming back to this city in future again.
Anna B, Germany, Sep 21, 2016
- I’ve been dreaming to get to Lisbon! And finally my dream came true. The trip was perfect, thanks to 5 hours Lisbon city tour. I’ve got to see everything I wanted and made very good friends with my private local guide. I will never forget the beauty and charm of the Praca do Comercio and will keep the memory of the trip for a long time.
Seymour C, France, Sep 21, 2016