What do our Moscow tour guides do when not guiding? They love being tourists themselves! Be it Moscow, St Petersburg or abroad. Here are some photos and fun facts about Israel from our Moscow guide Dasha’s travel to Israel.
Travel to Israel
- Dead Sea is the lowest place on Earth.
- The key from the church of Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem belongs to the Muslim family from 12 century. They can`t give it to anyone.
- It costs millions of dollars.to be buried in cemetery on the Mount of Olives, from where Jesus ascended to heaven. Jewish people believe that when Messiah comes to this world everyone who is buried there will rise.
- In 2008 «The Economist» called Tel Aviv «mini Los Angeles».
- You will most probably be fined in Tel Aviv if you threw a cigarette butt in the street.
- Israel has the biggest number of immigrants and museums.
- There are areas in Israel where nobody speaks Hebrew.
- In some kosher bakeries it is forbidden to work if you are not Jewish. Otherwise the bread will not be kosher.
- There are more men than women in Israel.
- There are 26 Muslim and 18 Christian countries in the world, but Israel is the only Jewish country. However except Jews there are people of more than 70 nationalities living there.
- There are no Constitution and official borders of the country.
- The week starts on Sunday. Period from the sunset on Friday till the sunset on Saturday is called Shabbat. Nothing and nobody is working in that period.
- In 1952 Albert Einstein was suggested to become the second president of Israel. He rejected it since he had no experience in political activity.
- Winemaking had been forbidden for 1000 years when in 636 Arabs conquered this region.
- Israel is the best place to taste traditional dishes from all over the world.
- It is forbidden to ride a motorbike without a helmet.
- The so-called bio shops are more popular in Israel than regular supermarkets.
- The most popular alcohol cocktail in Israel is Vodka with Red Bull.
- Dog fighting breeds are prohibited by law.
- New Year is celebrated in spring.
- Orthodox Jews follow not less than 613 commandments.
- The most popular brand of police cars is Skoda.
- Less than 0.1% percent of all people on Earth live in Israel.
- Israel has become the first country where it`s forbidden to work as a model if the girl is too thin.
- Some pilgrims being in Jerusalem start to behave in a strange way like they have got some divine powers. In accordance with statistics, about 40 persons per year get into the local hospital as mentally ill.
- Speaking about living standards, Israel is on the top among all countries in the Middle East.
- All post stamps are smeared with kosher glue.
- A mobile phone was created in Israel.
- 1 liter of water from the Dead Sea has 340 grams of salt.
- ICQ messenger was created in Israel as well.
- The literacy rate in Israel is the highest in the world.
- It’s 5771 now in Israel. Years are counted from the world creation.
Most Popular Posts
- 50 Facts about Moscow - all you need to know about Russian Capital
Everybody likes fun facts and we always prepare a ton of them for our Moscow tours ...
- 50 Fun Facts about Los Angeles
A visit to Los Angeles isn’t complete without Hollywood. And Getty Museum. And Downtown LA ...
- 20 Fun Facts about Edinburgh
Our Moscow tour guide Dasha traveled to the UK on New Year holidays, and here ...