On this walking Saint Petersburg tour you’ll see all the main highlights: Nevsky Prospect, St Isaac’s Cathedral, the Hermitage, Kazan Cathedral, Eliseev Emporium, Palace Square and more!
3 wonderful hours of exploring classic St Petersburg landmarks with your Friendly Local Guide.
Ideal at night.
- Explore St Petersburg’s most scenic places and essential tourist attractions;
- Walk around the most beautiful and historical part of the city with beautiful streets, architecture, bridges and cathedrals;
- See St. Isaac’s Cathedral and Hermitage, world-known masterpieces of St Petersburg;
- Take your time inside the lavishly decorated and devilishly gorgeous Kazan Cathedral;
- Take a stroll along Nevsky Prospect, the main and the most vibrant street of St Petersburg;
- Get a state of the art chocolate souvenir in Eliseev Emporium;
- For dessert: killer waterfront views from the Palace embankment.
- Hotel pickup (any time you wish).
- Nevsky Prospect – the most vibrant, the oldest, one of the widest and one of the longest streets of Saint Petersburg.
- Eliseev Emporium – 7 departments with over 3000 exquisite delicacies are all harmoniously combined with luxury interior and Art Nouveau architecture. This place is a must for gourmands, art connoisseurs and simply if you want to have a royal snack on the go.
- Kazan Cathedral. We won’t argue if you call this elegant and monumental cathedral with 136 columns the most iconic sight. The stunning waterfront views around cathedral and a myriad of coffee shops will make you want stay here for the rest of the day. Meanwhile, we are moving on…
- Gostiny Dvor – the oldest and largest shopping mall of Saint Petersburg, which we call Northern GUM (GUM is a huge shopping center on Red Square in Moscow).
- St Isaac’s Cathedral is the second tallest Orthodox cathedral in the world. 40 years, more than 100kg of gold leaf and 400 000 workers make miracles happen, you know. We’ll take a close look at this miracle on our tour. You may want to climb up the 262 steps to the observation deck to get panoramic views of the city.
- Palace Square, Waterfront and Bridge. Palace Square is twice as big as Red Square. Like Red Square in Moscow, this is the heart of St Petersburg. Palace Square is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is in Top 10 of any St Peterburg Travel Guide.
- State Hermitage Museum –350 halls in 5 buildings and tremendous crowd inside can easily eat out the whole day.
- Winter Palace is part of the Hermitage Museum and is no less impressive – there 1786 doors in Winter Palace alone!
- However, we realize that it’s in your must-do list and therefore we decided it’d be logical to finish our tour here and let you enjoy the world-class collection of artwork with your own eyes.
The State Hermitage Museum is open:
Daily from 10:30am to 6pm. Last admission is at 5:30pm.
On Wednesdays from 10.30am till 9pm. Last admission is at 8:30pm.
Closed on Mondays.
If you plan to explore Hermitage after our tour, we recommend to start no later than 4.00 pm on Wednesdays, and 1.00 pm on any other day except Mondays.
|Extra costs (per person):||
Possible entrance fees (if you want to drop in somewhere)
|Your tour:||Fun facts, iconic places, local experience, traditional food, friendly guide|
|Your guide:||Bright and energetic local, young, enthusiastic, and fun! Your guide is your local friend.|
|Pick up & Drop off:||Lobby of your hotel or any place you wish|
|Start time:||9am - 12pm|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your St Petersburg tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + Meet a local and make a new friend in Saint Petersburg.
- + Exciting fun communication with a local, not just boring history lessons.
- + Ask your guide questions about any subject, get genuinely connected with your guide.
- + Private Saint Petersburg tour, customized itinerary, personalized experience.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit your individual preferences.
- + Your personal tour guide focuses solely on you and makes sure you get the most out of your experience.
- + Your personal travel consultant is at your service any time via email, facebook, skype or whatsapp. You will not feel alone with Friendly Local Guides.
- + Must do + off the beaten path of the city.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Local cosy cafes and restaurants with traditional cuisine and interior.
- + Lunch specials on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + Best coffee shops in the city.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Saint Petersburg scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Special offers for taxi and hotels with good location and price.
- + Expert local advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in St Petersburg.
*This tour can be modified to meet your preferences