New York Harlem Tour
African-American culture in NYC
Visit the most notable attractions from Harlem must-see list such as the legendary Apollo Theatre – the center of African-American music, the famous Strivers Row complex with its incredibly beautiful houses, the Abyssinian Baptist Church which is the heart of African-American confession, the Harlem Studio Museum where you can learn more about art history of Harlem, the sophisticated Shepard Hall, and one of the best restaurants to experience soul food in Harlem.?
*The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Apollo Theatre
- Strivers Row
- Harlem YMCA
- Shepard Hall at City College
- The Harlem Studio Museum
- Silvia's Soul Food
- Abyssinian Baptist Church
- Hamilton Grange
- Explore the most authentic New York neighborhood in 3 hours with your friendly local guide;
- Plunge into unique atmosphere of Harlem and learn more about African-American culture;
- Listen to interesting facts and stories about Harlem with its rich history and specific lifestyle.
Start your Harlem adventure in the place imbued with the spirit of music. Since early 1900s the iconic Apollo Theatre has heard sounds of jazz, soul and other genres of African-American music and has seen such legendary singers as Ella Fitzgerald and Stevie Wonder. Touch the legend here!
Feel an aesthetic pleasure looking at elegant houses of Strivers Row. Sophisticated and bright, these houses are one of the highlights of Harlem architecture which will surely make you desire to live here.
hen you will see Harlem YMCA founded in 1932. It was one of the first YMCAs built for African-Americans which was a big accomplishment for Harlem community. Nowadays it provides a high-class service to make people’s lives better.
Shepard Hall is one of the components of very influential and famous New York City College which is known not only for its scientific achievements but also by extremely beautiful Campus built in Gothic style. Shepard Hall is a jewel of Campus: it will surely amaze you by its beauty, elegance, a great combination of dark and light colors and sophisticated ornaments.
Harlem Studio Museum
The best place to explore African-American art is surely Harlem Studio Museum. Over 2000 exhibits, trendy cultural events and a high concentration of different art objects and famous artists make this museum the heart of Harlem art.
Sylvia's Soul Food
Do you agree that having a gastronomic experience is a must-do while exploring new places? No doubt you do. Visit one of the most famous restaurants in Harlem – Sylvia’s Soul Food which met such guests as Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama. Authentic atmosphere and tasty food will make your visit unforgettable.
Abyssinian Baptist Church
Feel the sacramental spirit of religious heart of Harlem. Taking its name after the old name of Ethiopia, Abyssinian Baptist Church is a religious center not only for Harlem but also for the whole African-American community.
Get excited while visiting the Hamilton Grange - the house where one of the Founding Fathers of USA Alexander Hamilton lived. Listen to interesting historic facts and explore the interior of this house which was declared the National Historic Landmark.
- * The itinerary is subject to change
|Extra costs (per person):||
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your New York Harlem Tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 25 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in New York.
- + Private & customized tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants.
- + A photo session amongst spectacular New York City scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + An expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time.
*This private Harlem Tour NYC can be modified to meet your preferences.