Moscow Must See Tour
A cultural plunge into Russian life
- Discover all the treasures of Moscow: 10-20 must-see places of Moscow In 1 Day (depending on the chosen sights).
- Get the real feel of Moscow
- Experience the oldest settlement in Moscow
- Stroll around culture-rich downtown of Moscow
- Fall in love with Russian culture
- Savour delicacies from many parts of Russia in a traditional restaurant
- Get thrilled with Victory Park and 142-metre-high memorial Obelisk
Red Square and Alexander Garden
Fabulous Red Square and Alexander Garden in the centre of the city is a traveller’s dream stop off. Well worth a visit at night, when it is lit up fantastic! So plan to make it your starting and ending point of the tour.
State Historical Museum's
exhibitions range from relics of prehistoric tribes that lived on the territory of present-day Russia, through priceless artworks acquired by members of the Romanov dynasty. Few people know that the total number of objects in the museum's collection comes to 4.5 million!
St. Basil's Cathedral
has a unique colorful sophisticated architecture. Truly iconic! You may need to pinch yourself to prove you are here, standing with your guide, inside a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Kitay Gorod, Zamoskvorechye & historical downtown of Moscow
- Whether you are looking for must-see places or off the beaten path, or you consider yourself an achitecture aficionado, the downtown of Moscow is certainly worth a stroll. Filled with history, mystery, beautiful architecture, shopping and good food, Moscow's central neighborhoods are among the must-see attractions.
- Moscow's charmingly scenic Kitay Gorod and Zamoskvorechye areas continues to evolve into a pedestrian paradise. This exciting urban space features cozy benches, best coffee shops, world-class boutiques, cafes, art studios. Widened streets compliment a cultural, historical and simply pleasant walk.
The suggested itinerary is optional, we can skip or add something, depending on time and your preferences.
Cathedral of Christ the Savior
Be amazed by this great architectural masterpiece. Lavish and breathtaking interior with gold, silver and bronze everywhere.
Wander through Sparrow Hills and climb up to the highest observation deck of Moscow with stunning views of all seven Stalin’s skyscrapers, including Moscow State University.
Experience the most popular urban cultural park in Russia. Take a short walk through Gorky Park, where there are over 30 cafes and restaurants, catering to all tastes and budgets. One great option is to buy some pancakes and sit on the embankment or boardwalk and watch the world go by.
is where you are more likely to meet locals than tourists. A unique sculpture garden with monuments dedicated to various historical characters, Soviet leaders, Peter the Great, and even Pinocchio. Catch a film under the stars at the open-air movie theater during summer season!
is a beautiful symbol of victorious Moscow, imbued with the idea of the triumph of Russian people. It is the main monument of the Patriotic War of 1812 in Moscow.
boasts the deepest metro station, the highest spot in Moscow and scenic views over Moscow.
is a symbol of Russia. The Bolshoi Theatre declares its performances to be accessible to each citizen of Russia — 20% of tickets are sold at reduced price - 100 roubles.
- Sometimes Pavel Tretyakov was even willing to pay for the travel costs of the artists, just to get the desired picture.
For public viewing the gallery became available in 1881, and in 1892, after the death of his brother Sergei, Pavel Tretyakov Tretyakov presented all the gallery to Moscow.
During World War II the collection of the Tretyakov Gallery was evacuated to Novosibirsk. The exhibits took 17 wagons.
It is known that Malevich wrote four "Black Square", which differ in size, pattern and texture. Two versions are kept at the Tretyakov Gallery, one - in the Hermitage and one - in the Russian Museum.
- Visit Kolomenskoe park, considered to be the birthplace of Moscow, if not Russia! With so many churches, manor houses and a Palace, the history comes alive in this place!
is blessed with all you need to remember about Russia, being our cultural, historical and political center. Be astonished by the procession of the equestrian and pedestrian guards of the President’s regiment (April to October).
Tsar Bell and Tsar Cannon, the largest bell and the largest cannon in the world. The bell too big to ring and the cannon that can't be fired or loaded. Russian paradoxes!
Be awed by the oldest survived buildings in Moscow: Cathedrals of Kremlin (Cathedral of the Assumption, Cathedral of the Archangel, Cathedral of the Annunciation)
Panoramic lookout Ivan the Great's Bell Tower, which provides views of the Kremlin, Cathedral Square and the city.
presents more than four thousands items of Russian, European and Eastern art of IV-early XX centuries, including the Imperial Crown of Russia, Monomakh's Cap, the ivory throne of Ivan the Great. The ten Fabergé eggs in the Armoury collection (all Imperial eggs) are the most Imperial eggs, and the second-most overall Fabergé eggs, owned by a single owner.
Be thrilled at Bunker 42. Cold War Museum or explore the hidden retreats and spectacular bushwalks of Tsaritsino and Kolomenskoe parks. Kolomenskoe is one of the most ancient places of human habitation within modern Moscow. Archaeological items discovered in its vicinity Stone Age (V-III millennium B.C.) settlements once existing here.
an underground museum of Soviet era. If you're enthusiastic about Moscow underground, your guide can show you must-see stations of Moscow metro, such as: Mayakovskaya, Arbatskaya, Komsomolskaya, Novoslobodskaya, Revolution Square, Novoslobodskaya, Kieskaya, Belorusskaya, Prospekt Mira
- Belorusskaya, Novokuznetskaya. Sparrow Hills.
- The Moscow in One Day mission is possible! We’ve designed a tour for those in a hurry who still want to discover all the treasures of Moscow.
|Extra costs (per person):||
(Kremlin – 500 rub, Armory – 700 rub)
(150-1500 rub, depending on your preferences)
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||10am – 12pm|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your Moscow tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per extra hour|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Moscow
- + Private & customized tour
- + An exciting tour, not just boring history lessons
- + An authentic experience of local life
- + Flexibility during the tour: changes can be made at any time to suit your individual preferences
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants. Discounts on weekdays (Mon-Fri)
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Moscow scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime
- + Good value for souvenirs, taxis, and hotels
- + Expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in Moscow
*This tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Our guide Luda was great! If you only do one tour in Moscow, this should be the one. So many historical facts to be learnt, so many locations visited as Luda’s story unfolds. I got so engrossed in her stories before I realized my time with Luda had overrun – she was so friendly, so knowledgeable and so much fun to be with. Thank you Luda and Friendly Local Guides for a wonderful introduction into Moscow.
Luisa, Malaga, Spain, Feb 06, 2017
- Very flexible and most enjoyable tour I’ve taken. My guide was professional, fun and friendly and I saw all the places from my bucket list.
Marisabel, Berlin, Jul 26, 2016
- My friendly local guide Gelena showed me how to navigate the city using public transit. She Dan customized my tour based on the list of attractions I wanted to see. Gelena is knowledgeable about Russian history, very nice, friendly and simply charming. I recommend her most highly!
David, England, Apr 26, 2016
- Private tour in Moscow.Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and charming lady. We were fortunate to have Vera as our tour guide for 2 days and would have been happy with 2 more. She came up with with a great itinerary and we saw some very interesting must see and off the beaten track things for us to see, such as the local flea market, Cold War period architecture, the Cosmonaut museum and a nice lunch in Master and Margarita cafe. And it was logistically well-run! We had a great time. Thanks, Vera!
Alen Lemann, Itali . Milan., Dec 14, 2015
- A wonderful time with my son and his friend spent touring Moscow. A stunning city with such beautiful architecture and steeped in history. Our guide was young and knowledgeable and so professional. Moscow is an awesome city but quite difficult to traverse around. I couldn't recommend Friendly Local Guides/Alina and her team enough.
DLS1973, UK, Sep 15, 2015
- We took an 8-hour Must See tour in Moscow. Our guide Karina really impressed us with her professionalism and high organization. This lady knows what she is doing and will take a good care of you. Thank you for the great tour, Karina! You are the best
Jack, Toronto, Sep 14, 2015