*Valid when booking any other tour
Moscow Free Tour
A bit of History, a bit of Culture, and lots of Fun
- Hit the Red Square;
- Explore the nooks and crannies of Alexander Garden;
- Get a taste of the ancient Kitay Gorod;
- Learn about the tragic destiny of the Christ the Savior Cathedral;
- Roam through the heart of Moscow.
Walking Tour Itinerary:
Here are our TOP 7 things to help you start your Russian adventure or tick off before you say goodbye to Moscow.
Wander around the vast cobblestone square with rich past, gorgeous architecture, incredible GUM, bright colors of the Kremlin and swirling Saint Basil’s Cathedral.
Walk across the Red Square to see the embankment of old Moscow river and plunge into the atmosphere of ancient Russian village where nobles preferred to settle in XV century.
Walk up Varvarka street to find the landmark of Kitay Gorod - Palace of the Romanov Boyars, which was built in the XVI century and where lived the first Tsar from the Romanov dynasty.
Old English Court
Look at the Old English Court, which used to be the English Embassy in Moscow and where Ivan the Terrible confined the envoy from England, because Queen Elizabeth I refused to marry him.
Watch the solemn ceremony of the Changing of the guards, pay respect to the eternal flame at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and the stone Grotto, The huge fountain in the centre adds a sophisticated feel to the almost 200 year old garden.
Christ the Savior Cathedral
Walk to the cathedral which is of a great cultural value to Russians. Its marvelous exterior, enormous golden domes, colossal bronze doors and pristine white walls will touch your feelings.
Pause on the bridge and marvel at the Kremlin, river cruises, monument after Peter the Great and Red October Chocolate Factory, which is now a nightlife hub for youngsters.
We picked up a list of article that might be useful and helpful to you during your stay in Moscow. These are things to do in Moscow, tips about Moscow, best cafes in Moscow and simply fun facts about Moscow. Enjoy reading!
Before coming to Moscow:
- Our fun guides sharing their observations about their tours and best practices:
- What you should know about Moscow:
Off the beaten path of Moscow:
- Kitay Gorod:
- White City:
The best parks in Moscow:
- Muzeon Statues Park:
- Gorky Park:
- Tsaritsino Park:
- Kolomenskoe Park:
The most historical and beautiful streets of Moscow:
- Arbat srreet:
- Tverskaya street:
- Downtown of Moscow:
What to do in Moscow:
- How to have a Real Russian Experience:
- Things to do in Moscow:
- Architectural masterpieces, hidden gems of Moscow:
- Top Moscow attractions:
- How to have fun in Moscow for less than $4:
- How to save money in Moscow:
Cafes & restaurants in Moscow:
- Moscow cafes with Russian breakfast:
- Best Moscow restaurants:
- Best coffee shops in Moscow:
- Facts about Moscow Metro:
- Myths about Moscow Metro:
- Facts about Moscow:
- Fun Facts about Kremlin:
- The best flea markets in Moscow:
- Top 5 Russian souvenirs:
|Extra costs (per person):||
(Kremlin - 350 rub, Armory - 700 rub)
(150-1500 rub, depending on your preferences)
|Meet up & End location:||lobby of your hotel|
|Start time:||any time|
|Extra hours:||If you are having a good time and want your tour last a little bit longer, you are welcome to do that. Please note: You will be charged 20 USD per an extra hour.|
|Tipping suggestions:||If you feel like you had a good experience, your guide would appreciate a tip. It's not mandatory. It's your decision whether you want to give your guide a tip.|
What you get:
- + A friend in Moscow.
- + Private & customized Moscow tour.
- + An exciting pastime, not just boring history lessons.
- + An authentic experience of local life.
- + Flexibility during the walking tour: changes can be made at any time to suit individual preferences.
- + Amazing deals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very best cafes & restaurants. Discounts on weekdays (Mon-Fri).
- + A photo session amongst spectacular Moscow scenery that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- + Good value for souvenirs, taxis, and hotels.
- + Expert advice on what to do, where to go, and how to make the most of your time in Moscow.
- It was a last minute trip for 12adults and the day before, Alina was kind enough to accomodate our request to have a private itinery planned for us in Moscow. She could not confirm which we could understand but eventually made our walking trip possible the next day.
Her guide was informative and pleasant to be with. They have a good command of English and made everybody comfortable. Much was told about local Russian cultures and sights which made our trip so every fruitful.
Thank you Alina and your team of tour guides!
Can wait to come back and head up to St Petersburg..
Bleurose77, Singapore, Sep 15, 2015